Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

· Registered
17,182 Posts
Nope only rams configured as the one I posted in the pic and 2way rams configured similarly

I actually have an old Meyer blade out in the bushes couple of nicks on the rod it didn’t leak or drip never had to tighten them down they always seem to be tightened all the way down from the factory

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Wow. Didn't realize my "little leaking" comment would create such a controversy! I've been so busy actually plowing I haven't located the exact location of the leak, but it appears to be on the outer end of the ram. It leaks ~ a teaspoon on a full right-to-left stroke. Time permitting, I will look into it more today. I wasn't that concerned until I saw your follow-on comments!

FWIW, I originally bought this truck more or less on a whim and multiple purposes, but am really glad I got it. It includes a C7.5 with wings and E60H. The truck is a 2005 Sierra 2500 with the 6.0, lower ratios, flatbed with extra weight on back, pushes really well. The drifting on my road this year has been pretty bad, and really, really compacted, but I'm still able to do some stacking with it, which is crucial as in some places there's nowhere else for it to go. I think it would have been a real test of a ST, HomePlow, etc. That said, my moldboard is in pretty bad shape, quite a bit of rot, and I've had my eye out for a good used copy. (I'm not a good enough welder to think about rebuilding, and I haven't found anyone reasonably close who does that kind of work.) In the interim, are these worth anything: https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Poly-Snow-Plow-Shield/dp/B0000AWYWH/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top or just a waste of money? Yeah, I know - kind of hijacking my own thread.

· Registered
3,962 Posts
Wow. Didn't realize my "little leaking" comment would create such a controversy! I've been so busy actually plowing I haven't located the exact location of the leak, but it appears to be on the outer end of the ram. It leaks ~ a teaspoon on a full right-to-left stroke. Time permitting, I will look into it more today. I wasn't that concerned until I saw your follow-on comments!

FWIW, I originally bought this truck more or less on a whim and multiple purposes, but am really glad I got it. It includes a C7.5 with wings and E60H. The truck is a 2005 Sierra 2500 with the 6.0, lower ratios, flatbed with extra weight on back, pushes really well. The drifting on my road this year has been pretty bad, and really, really compacted, but I'm still able to do some stacking with it, which is crucial as in some places there's nowhere else for it to go. I think it would have been a real test of a ST, HomePlow, etc. That said, my moldboard is in pretty bad shape, quite a bit of rot, and I've had my eye out for a good used copy. (I'm not a good enough welder to think about rebuilding, and I haven't found anyone reasonably close who does that kind of work.) In the interim, are these worth anything: https://www.amazon.com/Yellow-Poly-Snow-Plow-Shield/dp/B0000AWYWH/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top or just a waste of money? Yeah, I know - kind of hijacking my own thread.
Ya,sorry about that. Just grab a pipe wrench and see if cylinder nut can be tightened a little, not uncommon on a Meyer. Ya, some here live to hijack threads, spread misinformation, and just plain argue.
As far as those poly shields, never really read anything great about them, I do know that after regular poly plows get a few years on them, snow sticks to them,also. But, cheap enough, perhaps buy one, then give a report after using it a while? Ah, you might want to check Stork's Plows, they have a bunch of discontinued new moldboards for Meyers they are trying to get rid of cheap, and they also sell the precurved metal to reline them.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Guys, c'mon, this is silly. You are both a ton more knowledgeable than I, but can't you agree to disagree without getting nasty? Why do so many forums end up like that - those who know the most get into shouting matches over relatively trivial things. Obviously you've had different experiences with this item, just leave it at that. At some point, I may tear that ram down just out of curiosity - more likely if it continues to give me trouble, I'll replace seals, and/or just buy a replacement.

In spite of the above - I really do appreciate the advice, both directions. I've worked on a variety of both light and heavy equipment over my 61 years, but for some reason have never crossed paths with a plow until now.

· Registered
17,182 Posts
Guys, c'mon, this is silly. You are both a ton more knowledgeable than I, but can't you agree to disagree without getting nasty? Why do so many forums end up like that - those who know the most get into shouting matches over relatively trivial things. Obviously you've had different experiences with this item, just leave it at that. At some point, I may tear that ram down just out of curiosity - more likely if it continues to give me trouble, I'll replace seals, and/or just buy a replacement.

In spite of the above - I really do appreciate the advice, both directions. I've worked on a variety of both light and heavy equipment over my 61 years, but for some reason have never crossed paths with a plow until now.
your right

it’s just how he is

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Oh, and I already had checked out the skins/plows at Storks. $1500 for the whole plow seems reasonable, but shipping might put it out of what I'm willing to spend. If I can get through the winter, I'm guessing/hoping I can find a used one over the summer.

· Super Moderator
43,033 Posts

You are correct, it has gotten silly and glad you brought it up.
Bob and Hydro if you can't agree to disagree and get along I suggest you take a break from each other for a couple days. You both have a lot of knowledge and theory's to offer and it would great if you played nice with each other. (y)

3,379 Posts
You are correct, it has gotten silly and glad you brought it up.
Bob and Hydro if you can't agree to disagree and get along I suggest you take a break from each other for a couple days. You both have a lot of knowledge and theory's to offer and it would great if you played nice with each other. (y)
I heard their respective houses are at the exact same elevation....

21 - 30 of 30 Posts