meyer e47 wiring

nofearpi

I'm confused with the wiring for a e47 pump.Is there a chassis ground and a wire going to the battery? Or does the chassis ground go to the battery. The plow I bought had very little wiring. Thanks for your help. Great site!

snow_man_48045

The negative from the pump goes to the negative on the battery, and the posative goes to the soleinoid, then from the soleinoid to the pos. of the battery. That how its done on my truck by a Meyer Dealer here in the Detroit, MI area.

OP
N

nofearpi

I have a wire from the solenoid to the battery and then a wire that connects directly to the pump. And I hve a ground on the frame, but no power

Garagekeeper

Meyer Wiring

Tell me what wiring you have, and let's start this wiring install from the beginning. Or if you have a fax machine I'll send you the wiring diagrams. :rolleyes: John

OP
N

nofearpi

problem solved

thanks for all the help, The problem was a bad connection. I took someones advice and busted out the sandpaper. I cleaned the connection from the solenoid to the harness. I hhooked the battery back up and it worked great..

Next problem. when I go up and down with the plow or left or right there is a major draw of power, it dims the lights big time. I have a 97 1500 suburban with a 350. do I need a bigger alternator or a dual battery set up/ thanks for all the help

Garagekeeper

Current Draw Test

Before you go and start changing all your electrical parts on your truck have a amp draw test done while operating your plow motor. Your unit shouldn't draw more then about 140 amps lifting your plow on a 30 degree day. Feel the cables after running the plow up and down five or six times, if they get warm the motor may be the problem. You could still have poor connections, did you connect the ground to the battery or your frame? If you have it to the frame move it to the battery before you have the small factory grounds melt or burn up. The factory ground wiring to the frame and body was not designed to handle this type of current draw. Meyer motors have a habit of freezing up in the bushings causing extreme current draw, if you want you can carefully remove the motor and and spin the shaft, if it moves hard you can pull it apart and clean up the shaft and the bushings and then give the bushings a shot of oil. John

landman

Meyers recomends that you connect the ground on the pump with a star washer and run it directly to the neg bat terminal.

snow_man_48045

Thank you, Somone finally agress with the guy from Detoit that the nagative always goes to the batter on a Mayer's. Always run meyer, have an E-47, and E-60. When the motor started to go on the e-47 last year there was huge increase in current draw, and the truck has a 95 amp alternator. Has no A/C or power windows, so that gives the plow plenty when functioning properly.
So wish u well, and let us now how it turns out.