Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started using this plow 3 years ago it was pretty quick up/down & left/right. Been noticing lately that it’s getting a little slow. Wondering what would cause this. Any insight from anyone would be great! Thanks guys!

· Registered
2,017 Posts
How old is your truck battery? Connections all clean and tight? Change the fluid each year?

Sometimes I think it just seems to move slower; I always think that when I use my 11 year old plow the first few times each season, but it’s really moving the same as it always does.

· Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Truck battery I think is around 5yrs old, connections are clean, tight and greased. I haven’t changed the fluid in the plow yet. But I was thinking that could be part of the problem along with the battery as it might be older than 5yrs.

But like you say, maybe it is working like it should and always does.

· Banned
13,443 Posts
I forgot to mention that, I did that this past spring. Oil looked clean just like the new oil I put in.
Oil being clean is good, I would still change it. My Lexus after 5K miles the oil still looks new, I still change it. The oil will still break down even if it looks okay. If you did not use it would be a different story.

We change every season, just cheap insurance.

· Banned
13,443 Posts
Oil being clean is good, I would still change it. My Lexus after 5K miles the oil still looks new, I still change it. The oil will still break down even if it looks okay. If you did not use it would be a different story.

We change every season, just cheap insurance.
Adding another battery is good as Leo stated. Just make sure they are identical.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.