Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings Everyone, I don't want to make this a 20 page thread, but a few questions for MP owners? Went to my Metal Pless "authorized " dealer in New Hampshire, about 18 Miles from our shop to "look". I learned there were 3 cuttings edges available , I learned something. "standard edge", HD edge, and Live edge", for our CAT 908M was quoted on HD edge and live edge .

8-13 skid mount he would throw hoses in(jeez thanks) HD edge $15,200

same above with live edge $18,400.00

I asked if I found some place much lower would they "match" the price, he said, NO, we have a lot of parts in stock and their service dept is opened during the storm etc.

thoughts?

· Registered
15,792 Posts

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you are going to spend the dough, the live edge should be the only option you are looking at. Do the standard edge or HD edge have carbides in them? Buying a MP and not getting the live edge is like buying a Mustang and not getting the 5.0
LOL, I understand, I'm just seeing is that price reasonable for that size? negative or standard edge regardless

thanks for the reply

· Registered
60,321 Posts
Seems a wee bit on the high side to me.

· Registered
799 Posts
Seems a wee bit on the high side to me.
What did you pay for yours? The one thing I cant stand about the dealer in my area can never seem to get a straight answer on pricing. I paid $3k less for my 18' with a bucket mount and quick coupler then I did for my 16' with just a bucket mount. I cant decide if I got a smoking deal on the second one or completely hosed on the first one.

· Registered
60,321 Posts
What did you pay for yours? The one thing I cant stand about the dealer in my area can never seem to get a straight answer on pricing. I paid $3k less for my 18' with a bucket mount and quick coupler then I did for my 16' with just a bucket mount. I cant decide if I got a smoking deal on the second one or completely hosed on the first one.
Beats me...I'd have to look.

· Registered
320 Posts
Price on the 8-13 is a touch higher then I was quoted in the fall. On our 908 we run a 10-16 and it is sized well for us. We have put on over 350 hrs this year with zero complaints and little to no wear on live edge. We plow with the storms..so if you let a foot build up every time a smaller blade would be better of course. Typically at most we are moving 6” with two ft drifts in which the little guy does get a fair workout. Good luck with your purchase!

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Those with the "live edge", seeing the wings are NOT carbide I believe and not "live", do you have to go over and over what you just plowed? meaning if the wings are wide open are they leaving a skim coat?

Thanks for all that have replied..

· Registered
60,321 Posts
No

· Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Order straight from MP thats what I did. Dealers are always going to mark it up.
Didn't think I could order direct, thought it had to be an authorized dealer etc,,,,thanks!

· Registered
8,073 Posts
Order straight from MP thats what I did. Dealers are always going to mark it up.
Unless something has changed in the last 2 years...

Metal Pless sells direct at full retail. Dealer cost is retail minus 20%. Freight is the same as it's billed to MP, which in turn bills the customer or the dealer, depending on who ordered it.

So unless you have a dealer that doesn't negotiate at all, you probably paid MORE by ordering it direct. Not less. I've only heard of 1 MP dealer quoting full retail and selling at that, and I do not believe they are even a dealer any longer.

Your mileage may vary, and things may have changed. But I doubt it. And if you buy from a dealer, there's a little more to stand on down the road if you need something. Not that many stock parts but still.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.