Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

· Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What has proven to be successful for putting a plow on the front of a medium duty truck, in our case international 4300?

I'd rather you all not say boss since I won't give Toro any more of our money.

Looking at the 10 6 western v blade. Any feedback on that one?

· Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doubtful - it's brand new this season

Are you specifically looking for a V plow?
I would like something that is a variation of a containment plow. Honestly I first thought about the larger wideout but figured a 26000 gvw truck would destroy it. The idea is to keep drive lanes open with our salt trucks and not needing to call subs in until it's time for a full clearing. I don't see a straight blade meeting that goal well.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
I'm in the same boat but am leaning towards the Boss. Just can't get excited about being an alpha tester for DD.

· Banned
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Green mentorship you didnt answer my question as to whether you specifically need and/or want a V. If not, both Boss and Fisher have tried-and-tested straight blades that will work
Idea would be to do drive lanes in lots durring the days before we had to call in subs overnight to do the full scrapes with their heavy equipment. I don't see how a straight blade would do that well unless it had a nice, deep set of wings.

· Registered
6,844 Posts
I'm inclined to give western a shot. Hate the idea of toro getting any of our doll hairs thru boss.

How can truck plows be worth 10,500? 16 foot box plows cost less and make way more money. The truck plow pricing has gotten way out of hand.
16' box is metal welded together.. a truck plow has motors wires pumps lights etc

· Registered
15,770 Posts
16' box is metal welded together.. a truck plow has motors wires pumps lights etc
Have you seen some of the latest "box plows" today... They have more moving parts on them then truck plows...

Plus every Tom, Dick and Harry has a truck they can put a plow on so that's where the high plow price point comes in...

· Registered
60,265 Posts

· Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm intrigued by the western 10.5 as well.
I can't say I agree with the too new philosophy.
DD has ran the 10' straight for many years on medium duty trucks and it has held up. I have not personally seen a new 10.5 V but if they stayed close to home it wouldn't scare me. I'm also biased as I run Western and have had above average experience with them.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.