markers for driveways parking lots

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
I just bought a bunch of 4' reflectors at Home Depot. I didn't think they were cheap, though ($1.98 ea). Bought them Friday night, put them out yesterday and got out first significant snow last night:drinkup: .

PLM

Go to Home Depot. In the lumber section you will find wood latts. It's what is used in older houses for the interior walls, under the plaster. They sell them i bundles of approx 50. and sell for $5.50 that's only 10.5 cents per a marker. beet that pricing!!!!!!!!! they work great I've used them for years. just tap them into the ground and if youn lie paint the ends your color.

bam

fiberglass innovations

48" snow pole with 4" reflective band.

discount on orders over $900

if you need 1000 poles, you would qualify.

look them up on the web.

the same poles are sold in sears and depot for at least 3.50 each.

mine shipped ups in two days.

Lawn Lad

My philosophy has been that plow stakes stay up on a customer's property for nearly half the year. So they ought to be nice looking. To that end, my residential customers get PVC pipe w/cap and 3" band of reflective tape on the top. Not cheap, but they look good and are durable. As well they are 5' tall which is nice.

For commercials I bought 1" x 2" x 4' stakes from an Amish lumber mill. 500 cost me $150, or $.30 each. I spray paint the tops according to their location on a site. I don't expect many to make it through the winter.

Snoworks

bam - I have been trying to order from Fiberglass inovations for years. Then always told me that I had to buy their markers from a supply house. I only live 45 min. from their shop. How long have you been buying direct. The $1.98 price sounds good to me, the cheapest I have found these markers for were $2.49. Before Fiberglass inovations told me I had to go through a supplier, they quoted me $1.49 a marker. That was three years ago!! How much do you pay.

I am in the process of manufacturing my own fiberglass markers. I will be making around 20,000 pcs , with custom color. Should be ready in early spring. I had to cut the middle man out, I was paying $2,000 plus a year for markers.

I have to agree with what Lawn Lad said, the markers must look good, especially if all the homes you are plowing are in upwards of $500,000 +. Even spending the extra money to buy attractive markers, three or four customers a year, call about how the markers detract from the look of their home. LOL Some people are just plain nuts!

CGB

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Snoworks, are you going to be marketing them or are they for your own use?

Dan, what's a shiv? I'd always thought it meant a knife.

Snoworks

I will be marketing them, for a good price including mark up. My latest cost analysis for the each marker is $1.20. I can shave about 15 cents of that number if I order in very large quantities, over 100,000 units. I am still trying to work out reflective tape and sharpening production lines.

CGB

Snoworks

Hey while we are on the subject, what colors due you guys prefer when it comes to markers? Can't hurt to due a little marketing.:D

Current colors are orange and yellow!

CGB

Mick

PlowSite.com Veteran
Right now I'm using Blue and Red -

Red - drop off, well head or some other hazard
Blue - potential "push off" area