Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
he wants me to have a 1 million dollars liability anyone know where i might be able to get prices for this or what companies do this ?

· Registered
6,369 Posts
I'm guessing since your asking your new to the commercial market as 1 mil is typical for small commercial. That being said you probably will want to stay with an independent agent that carries a bunch of lines. I know some are better than others for newer companies or companies without alot of track record in commercial work.
If he's only asking for 1 mil, no umbrella, or no other crap I wouldn't worry to much. Hell the cost of 1 mil over your 500k you probably have now is minimal.

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK so you have a company name ? I have done municipal work following a dump truck doing cul-de-sac he told don't work about anything unless i was under is policy

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Do you have an insurance agent?????

· Banned
13,443 Posts
If new to insurance I would not recommend a big broker. I would want a small experienced broker that can walk me through it.
When I went for mine, I went to my broker she only had one company that had a mill. So I shopped for price. If he can find what he needs at a small broker that's okay too.

I have to carry 3 mill now or I can't do the fed and state jobs. If someday I don't work for the GC I'm subbing for I go back to 1 mill. It's looking like I done just as well on the smaller stuff.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
Question: does your insurance agent sell INSURANCE?

· Registered
60,265 Posts
OK so you have a company name ? I have done municipal work following a dump truck doing cul-de-sac he told don't work about anything unless i was under is policy
He already said he doesn't know because the guy he follows has it and said he didn't need it
His post is not in English so I have no idea what he said.

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
His post is not in English so I have no idea what he said.
"I have done municipal work following a dump truck doing cul-de-sac he told don't work about anything unless i was under is policy"

What don't you understand? He's done municipal work. He follows a dump truck around in a cul-de-sac. The guy he follows told him not to work unless he's right under the municipal truck. That is their policy. So, with the big municipal truck above him, he's covered both figuratively and literally. Makes perfect sense to me.

· Registered
60,265 Posts
"I have done municipal work following a dump truck doing cul-de-sac he told don't work about anything unless i was under is policy"

What don't you understand? He's done municipal work. He follows a dump truck around in a cul-de-sac. The guy he follows told him not to work unless he's right under the municipal truck. That is their policy. So, with the big municipal truck above him, he's covered both figuratively and literally. Makes perfect sense to me.
Punctuation, subject, verb, etc.

That's what I don't understand.

· Registered
17,708 Posts
I have done some jobs that require $5m
If you are a small operation it is better to insure at $2m and get an umbrella policy for another $3m. It worked out cheaper and gave me coverage that could be used on both auto and property liability.

· Registered
15,554 Posts
I have done some jobs that require $5m
If you are a small operation it is better to insure at $2m and get an umbrella policy for another $3m. It worked out cheaper and gave me coverage that could be used on both auto and property liability.
I haven't had a million dollar policy in more than 2 decades. I just assumed 2 mil is the norm for small businesses.

· Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I mean to say the guy i worked for covered me with his insurance now im looking for a company my state farm agent doesn't do that but i do have a commercial policy

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.