Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just thought I’d give a heads up to anyone running a mini lightbar On their roof. I lost my Whelen mini justice today cruising down the highway when a gust of wind took it away. It had 4- HD magnets and I Thought that would be enough but sure enough a gust ripped it off. Apparently Whelen does not recommend magnet mounts for moving vehicles

Happy plowing

· Registered
4,305 Posts
Just thought I'd give a heads up to anyone running a mini lightbar On their roof. I lost my Whelen mini justice today cruising down the highway when a gust of wind took it away. It had 4- HD magnets and I Thought that would be enough but sure enough a gust ripped it off. Apparently Whelen does not recommend magnet mounts for moving vehicles

Happy plowing
That's why I drive chevy's. Never an issue.

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have no doubt that it says that and even if I read it I may still have been ignorant of it like many other people. I just posted to give a heads up to people like myself that may have been confident in those magnets. I have been driving around with mine in the winter for the past 5-6 years and have had no problem until that gust. Wasn't particularly windy but there was wind advisories posted 100 miles away.

I did not grab the bar as it was on I95 and shredded lightbar isn't worth my life trying to pick up all the pieces.
That's why I drive chevy's. Never an issue.
Never an issue until it is you've been warned

· Registered
2,208 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.