Low ball pricing

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by gcbailey, Nov 14, 2019.

1. leigh

leigh PlowSite Veteran
    from CT

2. OP
    OP
    gcbailey

gcbailey Member

I'd love to see one of those mini trucks in an hoa environment against a UTV.

3. Drock78

Drock78 Senior Member

A UTV with BOSS V and a 10ft swing wing back blade would be bad ass

gcbailey likes this.
  4. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

I’ve had lots of calls in the past month or so for snow removal and most have said roughly the same thing when I ask what happened to the last guy, they either say they needed to buy insurance or that they just weren’t doing it anymore. Then when I give them my price they’re completely shocked.

I’ve lost more than I’ve won so far this season. Oh well, don’t like it too bad.

5. jonniesmooth

jonniesmooth PlowSite.com Addict

Maybe, maybe not. Not if he won't get out and do the sidewalks and steps. Or if he will but has to shovel them
    I had a new customer last year. She knew our pricing. It was a PITA account 90% hand shoveling, lots of small sidewalks and steps.
    She sent a note with her first months payment, telling me " she hoped my guys got faster ".
    I sent her back a statement telling her " we don't work for people that don't appreciate what we do".

Mistifier and SHAWZER like this.
  6. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Several of our customers said they were going to shop when they received our increase this year. They all signed up again.

7. Mudly

Mudly Senior Member

Wait, you increase prices? I thought it was hip to work with ancient numbers

8. HadiCoop

HadiCoop Senior Member
    from Ontario

I think it’s one thing to send out an increase to your current client base and still keep them, but another thing trying to get new clients to even sign up at the old price.
    The existing clients know your reliable so they’ll gladly pay an increase for great service.

9. cjames808

cjames808 Senior Member
    from SE WI

“No no no, our rates haven’t doubled. Just that the 50% oof sale has ended unfortunately”

Between the tax man, the insurance man, the salt man, the plow dealer, and the rent guy. Not one has kept the same or lowered their pricing. EVER.

jonniesmooth likes this.
  10. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Hydromaster likes this.
  11. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

You would just need to remove the roof. And remove the front seat like Bubba Smith in Police Academy.

BUFF likes this.
  12. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

13. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

guessing this discussion is safe to close out? If not, let's keep the discussion "somewhat" on point

BUFF and m_ice like this.
  14. m_ice

m_ice 2000 Club Member

Lol

cwren2472, Mark Oomkes and BUFF like this.
  15. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

I'm late to the party for a change but you could say the same for the auto repair industry.....why should Joe Average pay a real tech to fix his car when Craigslist is full of crackheads that claim to be mechanics and Auto Zone will scan your check engine light for free (and sell you a crap load of unneeded 02 sensors)??

EWSplow likes this.