Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if I can get a little guidance on pin-pointing an issue I'm having with my Meyer E57.
I was plowing snow for a solid 2 hours with no issues. But as i pushed snow into a pile, not hard or anything unusual, the plow kinda angled a little more then I had it. After that the plow would not angle left or right but would go up and down fine. The motor runs as it should and the plow will try to creep left and / or right when I clicked the button but I get off the switch to not have the motor run so long. To angle the blade, i coukd put one edge or the other into a pile and gently drive forward and the blade angled without using the button. Its like the blade is just along for the ride and i have no control except to raise / lower it. Checked fluid, which I flush 2 times a year, level was fine. Seems to be air in there or something as the rams will move a few inches with no resistance. I replaced the couplers with another used set I had laying around and nothing changed. I put the truck on ramps , lowered the blade so it was hanging and worked the blade back and forth by hand trying to bleed the system. The fluid remained full and there are no leaks in the system .
I'm assuming it's more then a pocket of air. I'm leaning towards a cross over relief valve but hate to just throw parts at it without knowing for sure. Is there any way to test that or is there anything else I should suspect / check?
Thanks so much for any suggestions and advice

· Registered
3,113 Posts
Id check the xrossover release valve

Reactions: cwren2472
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.