• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

Looking for ideas for salt storage container

giggity

We have several large accounts in a town that does not allow bulk salt to be stored on the ground, looking for ideas for a large container to hold the salt, the salt must not be touching the parking lot, need 9ft clearance and atleast 6 ft wide.. We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?

CCSnow

High cube shipping container. Use a standard 20 foot and it does a decent job. Holds about 23 tons filling it with my skid steer bucket.

We have several large accounts in a town that does not allow bulk salt to be stored on the ground, looking for ideas for a large container to hold the salt, the salt must not be touching the parking lot, need 9ft clearance and atleast 6 ft wide.. We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Shipping container or the dumpster with cover would work. I'm a little confused how you can spread it but can't store it. That's besides the point I guess. The two options you posted is all I see that will work that don't involve a lot of money..... Good Luck.

CCSnow

I definitely assumed 9.5 was the interior, my bad. Looks like a 906 can be 8'1" to 8'8". So depends on your variant. I meant I use a standard height 20 footer with a skid steer.

m_ice

PlowSite Veteran
The cat loader will not fit in a high cube, skid steer will and work for what it is but if you go that route the only benefit to a high cube is extra room as you can stack higher.

Philbilly2

PlowSite Fanatic
We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Do you have a hook truck or access to one? That seems like a pretty good idea. If you have a few of them, it would make it pretty easy to switch an empty box with a full one.

Those dumpsters typically go pretty fair on Ritchie Bro's auctions from what I have seen in the past

cjames808

My neighbor has a 20’ and it fit 25-30ish ton in it. And it’s a rental

I loaded his truck out of it with Cat 252 skid and it fit. Real slow.

Scooping was easy it falls forward as you scoop low. Tucking it back was harder. Apparently he got it in with a tool cat. I wasn’t there.

We may be doing that this season at a school. We’ll see.