Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have several large accounts in a town that does not allow bulk salt to be stored on the ground, looking for ideas for a large container to hold the salt, the salt must not be touching the parking lot, need 9ft clearance and atleast 6 ft wide.. We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?

·
Registered
52,816 Posts
High cube shipping container. Use a standard 20 foot and it does a decent job. Holds about 23 tons filling it with my skid steer bucket.
Fill it in 15 minutes???

·
Banned
12,763 Posts
We have several large accounts in a town that does not allow bulk salt to be stored on the ground, looking for ideas for a large container to hold the salt, the salt must not be touching the parking lot, need 9ft clearance and atleast 6 ft wide.. We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Shipping container or the dumpster with cover would work. I'm a little confused how you can spread it but can't store it. That's besides the point I guess. The two options you posted is all I see that will work that don't involve a lot of money..... Good Luck.

·
Registered
52,816 Posts

·
Registered
52,816 Posts

·
Registered
16,763 Posts
We were thinking a 30 yard dumpster and making a canopy roof over it.. Anybody else have any other ideas?
Do you have a hook truck or access to one? That seems like a pretty good idea. If you have a few of them, it would make it pretty easy to switch an empty box with a full one.

Those dumpsters typically go pretty fair on Ritchie Bro's auctions from what I have seen in the past

·
Registered
811 Posts
My neighbor has a 20’ and it fit 25-30ish ton in it. And it’s a rental

I loaded his truck out of it with Cat 252 skid and it fit. Real slow.

Scooping was easy it falls forward as you scoop low. Tucking it back was harder. Apparently he got it in with a tool cat. I wasn’t there.

We may be doing that this season at a school. We’ll see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.