Snow Plowing Forum banner

Looking at a new Vplow

Tags
vplow western
1K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  PLOWMAN45 
#1 ·
I am looking at purchasing a new western MVP plow, I do a lot of back dragging that requires once it is out to carry the snow a good distance. Wanting to make sure I will not have wings folding and moving as I back drag. Give me your thoughts and suggestions

#2 ·
Jewell1386;1849726 said:
I am looking at purchasing a new western MVP plow, I do a lot of back dragging that requires once it is out to carry the snow a good distance. Wanting to make sure I will not have wings folding and moving as I back drag. Give me your thoughts and suggestions
I run a MVP 3, and have had MVP Plus, and the old MVP and never had the wings fold back, and I run wings on my MVP plows. The only time I had it fold back is when I was too close to a curb (my fault). Even in heavy wet snow no problems. They do not back drag as clean as my Wide Out.

#3 ·
The MVP has double acting angle Rams. It will only move if you over pressure the crossover relief valves. Unlike "some other, lesser plows" that have single acting Rams and return springs.... I love my wide-out for back dragging garage doors because it goes to a straight blade without fiddling and because the straight width is adjustable but if you're set on a V this will not be a problem with any late Western version. MVP, MVP+ or the newer flared version.

#5 ·
My vote goes to a Wideout type plow

#7 ·
That's awesome I got hit head on last winter with my 14 yr old boss v. I may have won the battle but she won the war I had to call the insurance company for a new plow cracked the hinge. Boss dealer said it was because I was in a V and sitting still the plow had no time to react

#8 ·
MOSSMAN381 Has a new one and he has youtube vids on it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.