longevity question new 13 pin truck side harness

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dmacleo, Jan 24, 2020.

1. dmacleo

dmacleo Member

I just had to have my truck side 13pin assy replaced and new harness (I think part # MSC04316) do away with the relay pack.
    we've constantly had corrosion issues (in Maine, lot of road salt) with the relay pack so I am hoping the new setup works better.
    has anyone had any long term experience with this new (to me) style harness and if so how has it held up?
    thanks

2. cwren2472

cwren2472 PlowSite Fanatic

If you are referring to the new pack with the relays covered, it's new this season.

3. OP
    OP
    dmacleo

dmacleo Member

that may be it, but unit is approx 2" wide by 3" tall.
    I apologize for pic quality was hard to get good angle.
    new_harness.jpg

4. cwren2472

Yes, it's just a plastic cover for the relays and they switched to micro relays to shoehorn them in to that nicer-looking package.

I might have lied - it might have been new last season. In either case, it's too new to really gauge how much it'll help. But I can't imagine it'll hurt.

5. OP
    OP
    dmacleo

dmacleo Member

yeah it looks like it would resist corrosion a LOT better than the old 5pack did.
    last harness lasted 3 years 2 months before dying.
    driving down road lost low and high on sled's, course park and turn still worked as not driven off relay pack.
    then....I had park lights doing a low voltage strobe WHILE truck was OFF.
    not sure this link will work here but is short vid of that happening stored on dropbox.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/4yuyw0oes5hrfox/park_light_strobe.mp4?dl=0

6. OP
    OP
    dmacleo

dmacleo Member

somewhat OT but related to new harness, anyone know the part number for the bumper mounts for both the 13pin and 2 pin wires?
    thanks

7. cwren2472

MSC03813
    MSC03491

8. OP
    OP
    dmacleo

dmacleo Member

thanks the msc03813 I was able to find the msc03491 was the problem one for me, appreciate the info.

9. OP
    OP
    dmacleo

dmacleo Member

guess I'll keep eye on this and report back if I see any issues, but the harness as a whole looks like its a lot more resistant to corrosion.