Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Strange problem with my 1100C.

Lost movement, it move with diff lock on or in 4wheel drive.

Put it in gear, and throttle down it's like it's in neutral. Engage rear diff lock and she moves. Either way just sounds expensive but any ideas? It has 750 hours, and about 3,000 miles.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Trying to get back to the house now, pitch black out but what I see in the dark everything looks normal. No odd sounds

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Somehow I busted a half shaft.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Broke an axle shaft or stripped out a spider gear.

Edit: That has half shafts. Probably busted a half shaft on the rear.
Called it.

What's left of it won't come out. I can get an L-shaped piece of metal behind it and it won't pull out should be a fun one tomorrow

·
Registered
72 Posts
Called it.

What's left of it won't come out. I can get an L-shaped piece of metal behind it and it won't pull out should be a fun one tomorrow
Take the other half shaft out and use a long punch to knock the broken one out. Don’t drive on the differential cross pin though. You’ll need something relatively small to clear it.

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah some how...... at least it lasted longer than a Wideout you tried years ago....
I know, right!!!!!

I have 3 buggies, and I twist the shaft on the 25hp one, not the 100 or the 200hp ones!

She's my work horse one, when I have to rent buggies, I always rent Kubota. I just had these rented down on Sanibel Island in FL

Attachments

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Take the other half shaft out and use a long punch to knock the broken one out. Don’t drive on the differential cross pin though. You’ll need something relatively small to clear it.
I was hoping it was going to be that easy. It's capped off

May try to drill, tap and slide hammer.

Attachments

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
How far did you go in the air off of your yard jump?
Ha, I only jump my Raptors or my Turbo S. My 800 finally blew up, and my old lady won't let me drive her Polaris General anymore.

Couldn't imagine jumping something with my Kubota.... At least without my seatbelt on. LoL

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was hoping it was going to be that easy. It's capped off

May try to drill, tap and slide hammer.
I guess you’ve never dealt with something like this before. You typically can’t drill an axle shaft. They’re hard. Besides, that would be a really good way to get metal into the case and ruin the rest of the rear end. I’d pull it out and split it. Is what it is.

·
Registered
15,438 Posts
Do you have one of those tire burst inflators to set a tire on the beeed?

we’ve done this on larger axles for floaters F 700s etc. pick up trucks too

take the other axle out get a longer pipe with the end cramped down a little bit so it really shoots the air out you gotta slide that in where the axle went on the other side you gotta pack a whole bunch of rags around it
and the only thing left to do is to cap off the breather.

you got it you’re gonna charge that rear end with air and you should be able to shoot that stub right out of there.

Otherwise you might be able to use a guitar string and a little slender stick so you can smog up the slip~not tight and pull that stub out

·
Registered
15,850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I guess you’ve never dealt with something like this before. You typically can’t drill an axle shaft. They’re hard. Besides, that would be a really good way to get metal into the case and ruin the rest of the rear end. I’d pull it out and split it. Is what it is.
Not on a Kubota. The other side is sealed, my assumption is the same on this side also. Going to talk with local dealership on Monday to see what they suggest.

Pulling the hydrostatic transmission isn't going to be in the cards, I will drill, and trade in and order a new one.

I did a test drill on the other half, drilled fairly easy. That's probably why it broke.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you have one of those tire burst inflators to set a tire on the beeed?

we’ve done this on larger axles for floaters F 700s etc. pick up trucks too

take the other axle out get a longer pipe with the end cramped down a little bit so it really shoots the air out you gotta slide that in where the axle went on the other side you gotta pack a whole bunch of rags around it
and the only thing left to do is to cap off the breather.

you got it you’re gonna charge that rear end with air and you should be able to shoot that stub right out of there.

Otherwise you might be able to use a guitar string and a little slender stick so you can smog up the slip~not tight and pull that stub out
You either it sounds like.

A half shaft is held in with a circle clip snap ring. Larger axles like you talk about blowing out with air are just slide in splines. This shaft is actually held in place. You aren’t blowing it out.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Not on a Kubota. The other side is sealed, my assumption is the same on this side also. Going to talk with local dealership on Monday to see what they suggest.

Pulling the hydrostatic transmission isn't going to be in the cards, I will drill, and trade in and order a new one.

I did a test drill on the other half, drilled fairly easy. That's probably why it broke.
Good luck then.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I don’t think you know Pat very well.

Weld a nut to the end of the spline.
Thread your puller into that.
I don’t know anyone here well. But I do know equipment and repairs. Been a mechanic for 25 years in my own business. Fixed a lot of stuff. You’ll waste a lot time trying to get it out, and may succeed. Typically it’s faster to take things apart. Safer than filling a hydro with metal filings too.

·
Registered
15,438 Posts
I don’t know anyone here well. But I do know equipment and repairs. Been a mechanic for 25 years in my own business. Fixed a lot of stuff. You’ll waste a lot time trying to get it out, and may succeed. Typically it’s faster to take things apart. Safer than filling a hydro with metal filings too.
then you should’ve known he wouldn’t be able to poke it with a stick from the other side.

anyway one could easily cut a solo cup or the like to fit around the edges to catch any splatter.
Where is the splatter gonna go, probably the same place in the shavings will go, I’d figure.

It sounds like,,either way he’s just going to repair it to trade it in.

25 years, I’ve read that before, a lot of us here have spun wrenches.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts