Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts
I have the Rigid Industries Dually D2's defused lens on the Jeep now for Aux. Back up lights. Expensive, but now I am satisfied. used them last night. Perfect lighting. Very Bright. Dually D2 driving light lens on the pillar mounts. and HID 55 watt bulbs in my Fisher plow lights. I'm good now.

LED back-up lights

Take a close look at the Whelen Nano. Sirennet has a good video on youtube about them. I have another lighting project right now, but next on the list is the aux. backup light replacement (currently using PIAA halogen backup lights under the bumper, but LED is the way to go nowadays).

I saw one person convert the back up lights on their Jeep to Rigid SM lights. They cut out the old back up lens, then put the SM flood in. From what I've seen, they are very bright. They did have to hard wire the lights to the old backup light wire, but still it was a sweet job.

JK-Plow;1735287 said:
I saw one person convert the back up lights on their Jeep to Rigid SM lights. They cut out the old back up lens, then put the SM flood in. From what I've seen, they are very bright. They did have to hard wire the lights to the old backup light wire, but still it was a sweet job.
Would like to see that

Backup lights are one thing... my heep has a soft top and a... lets call it "semi-translucent" back "window". Basically like this, but looking backwards:

I'd go with some clip-on lights, mount them way up high -- you can see better if the light source is from above your line of sight, and wire them (with a plug, of course) into your existing backup light circuit. If they bring your load over the limit for the backup light circuit, put a cheap 4-pin relay onto the backup light circuit and run a higher current +12v from that.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.