1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

LIGHT BAR OPTIONS

Discussion in 'Strobe Lighting' started by dlstelma, Jan 8, 2017.

1. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

what light bar do you recommend for LED, low profile, magnetic mount and also has an option for constant white light projection? I was considering buying a 50" permanent light bar, but if there are good portable mini light bars with that option instead, that would be way cheaper route to go.

2. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

3. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

I saw that the Feniex has a flood option...looks like what I'm looking for. Is there a recommended limit of time to run it in that mode? Most light bars I've seen have cooling plades in the rear.

4. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

I would not be concerned with leaving them on for a while, they do have a heatsink on the modules. It is the same lighthead that is used in their flood bars. Not sure how long you plan on leaving it on, but theres not a specific time I would say. Turn it on when ya need it and off when you don't!

5. pyro29

pyro29 Member

Whelen...buy American, great warranty too.

6. dlstelma

dlstelma Member
    from GR, MI

Which model Whelen?

7. CoastalEVS

CoastalEVS Sponsor
    from NJ

Feniex is 100% American, designed, built, and shipped from a small factory in Texas. Feniex also has a 5 year warranty on LED products, which is industry standard same as Whelen.

8. pyro29

pyro29 Member

Good to know, I had no idea they were built in America with American made parts. I'll have to check them out.