• How has the weather been in your neck of the woods?
    We are looking for feedback from our membership to see how/what the weather has been like in your area. Please Click here to take our Winter Weather Survey, we would appreciate it.

Licence plate relocate for plow

cuttinscott

2019 nbs ram 3500hd SRW Cummins. Installing a SnowDogg VXF85 all done but had to remove front licence plate bracket is there a relocation kit available?

Scott

EWSplow

PlowSite Fanatic
2019 nbs ram 3500hd SRW Cummins. Installing a SnowDogg VXF85 all done but had to remove front licence plate bracket is there a relocation kit available?

Scott
Does your state require a front license plate?
Wisconsin Does, but they don't seem to enforce it.
I've put them in them behind the windshield in the past.
I don't have front plates on any trucks. Several years ago I had some parking tickets show up and I wasn't there on the dates listed. I found out someone stole my front plate and was using it on the back of another truck. I had to cancel that plate and get new ones. Never used one since.

If you're worried about it, ask a local cop.
I had one behind the windshield and asked a cop I saw in the gas station. His response was "its not legal, but I don't know anyone in our department who would pull you over for it.".
That was enough for me to quit using them.
I keep them under the back seat if it becomes a issue.

Mr.Markus

PlowSite Fanatic
Zip tie it high on the grill..
I once asked a MTO officer (our Dot) about mounting it on the tarp cover of my dumpbox...he said the rule was "the furthest visible front portion of the vehicle."

It can be argued that the plow is a tool and not part of the vehicle..

Mitragorz

I believe he is saying the plow mount required removing the license plate bracket.
Ahh, looks like you're right.

In that case, either just leave it off or stick it in the windshield.

Unless it's a permanent removal for the mount. If that's the case, I'm sure you can fab up some kind of bracket.

nycpsd

NYS the front plate is required, and no the front windshield will get you pulled over, or a parking summons especially in NYC and other cities/towns. I dont know what a snowdogg mount looks like on a ram, but if it were me I would use some self tapping screws on the cross bar of the mount or align the plate on the cross bar and drill two holes and bolt it through.