1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Leveling kit

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by scash77, Jan 2, 2017.

1. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

It wasn't noticeable with my 4 or 5 turns and it's easily reversible as long as you can count, lol. It can be done with a little WD 40 and a couple of wrenches by yourself in 10 or 15 minutes. GMC tends to set them light. I'd suggest trying 4 turns on each side. That should raise it about an inch. You may even like the ride and handling better.

2. scash77

scash77 Member

thanks a lot!. I'll have to take my boots off but i'll get the count. haha

darryl g likes this.
  3. scash77

scash77 Member

I would never deny the experience and knowledge and I respect it and very much appreciate when its shared. I just dont take **** from anyone. never have never will. I am never disrespectful or rude until its sent my way first. If they dont want to help me because of that then so be it..ive gotten over much worse.

FredG likes this.
  4. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

I try to stay away from the drama on here (sometimes I get dragged in, but try is the key word), but with that attitude you won't make it as a business owner. I would imagine you HAVE to be like that for your job, but you have to take some chit running a business. I have had customers and businesses alike put me down, be extremely rude, and sometimes down right hateful. You don't have to necessarily bend over and take it, but you do have to learn from it and accept it's going to happen. Some of the negative comments (like Buffs on your lock thread) were just interpreted wrong, and was helpful. My advice would be to ignore the negative posts, so in the future no one holds a grudge. It's up to you, but just my 2 cents. Not trying to stir the pot, just my opinion.

Philbilly2 and BUFF like this.
  5. scash77

scash77 Member

probably good advice thanks, it definetley is different taking chit from a customer rather than some guy online....customers would get some lee way. wish i could ignore that stuff but its my nature to return fire....wish i was better at taking advice....if i did that 20 years ago i would have went to college and not become a dumb C/O trying to make side cash with a snow plow! haha. maybe in my next life.

6. Michael J. Donovan

Michael J. Donovan Head Moderator, Online Communities Staff Member

again, let's discuss the topic at hand, NO need to stir the pot or bring another discussion (which I already closed) into this thread.

thanks

FredG likes this.
  7. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Veteran

Getting an alignment needs to be recommend after mentioning adjustment of the torsion bars as it will change the geometry of the front end camber.

8. scash77

scash77 Member

yes ive heard that. thanks

9. JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry boss, just trying to help:nod:*trucewhiteflag*

Michael J. Donovan likes this.
  10. scash77

scash77 Member

the help is much appreciated. thanks you

11. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

Agreed, I mentioned in my prior post. Personally I never bothered and my tires wear fine.

If he's going to just crank them up for plowing season and return them to stock in the spring and doesn't put a lot of miles on his truck I'm not sure it's necessary. I'd think running around with a plow on changes the geometry more and I've never heard of anyone having an alignment with their plow on ;)

12. scash77

scash77 Member

i actually have wanted to get a leveling kit since before i had the plow. i like the look better and have heard it improves ride....now i have an excuse. wife may tell me to save money and throw some weight in the back instead. maybe ill make her ride back there! that should take care of it! hahahaha

darryl g likes this.
  13. darryl g

darryl g Senior Member
    from CT

You still should have the weight in the back regardless of what you do with your suspension.

FredG likes this.
  14. scash77

scash77 Member

OK Thanks

15. scash77

scash77 Member

what do you use? I was thinking 6x6 8 foot pressure treated cut in half so they fit in the deck. I have a couple in the yard.

16. Philbilly2

6x6? not enough weight and needs to be behind the rear axle to work as a fulcrum.

FredG likes this.
  17. Philbilly2

SnoFarmer likes this.
  18. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Like 70lb sand tubes, a couple bags of salt,
    All things that have more than one use.
    Like for being a counterweight and to be used to get yourself unstuck.
    And you will get stuck.

FredG and Philbilly2 like this.
  19. scash77

scash77 Member

really? an 8 foot 6x6 PT is real heavy. probably 70lbs id guess. i figured get 2 or 3 (should be about 200lbs....could do more) cut them in half so they fit width wise in the deck of my yukon xl. that way theyd be behind the axle. no good? what would you do?

20. scash77

scash77 Member

i like the sand tube idea. thanks