Snow Plowing Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I've been using my Snowdogg for five years commercially. It's served me well, and so far, has stood the test of time and hard work. That being said, the plow in the picture is the best Snowdogg I've ever owned! :)

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
9 Posts
I've been using my Snowdogg for five years commercially. It's served me well, and so far, has stood the test of time and hard work. That being said, the plow in the picture is the best Snowdogg I've ever owned! :)

View attachment 174465
Hey Jeff, any reason why you went with Boss instead of Snowdogg? Any complaints/issues? I just got a new XP810 and havent plowed with it yet here in VA but I also have a Western straight blade. Ive used Western for years and like them a lot but went with the Snowdogg to save a couple grand. Im curious bc Im looking for a 3rd truck soon and Im not sure if I will go with Snowdogg or Western.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
The Snowdogg has operated just fine for 5 years of commercial use. I had to stick about 800.00 into it this year, but that's not bad for 5 years of heavy use sometimes. I just hate the mount. Western (All D.D. products really) and Boss have a much better mounting system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey Jeff, any reason why you went with Boss instead of Snowdogg? Any complaints/issues? I just got a new XP810 and havent plowed with it yet here in VA but I also have a Western straight blade. Ive used Western for years and like them a lot but went with the Snowdogg to save a couple grand. Im curious bc Im looking for a 3rd truck soon and Im not sure if I will go with Snowdogg or Western.
Because Snow Dog plows are complete garbage. Their is always reason why something seems like a great deal. Go ahead and buy one you'll be kicking yourself in the ass don't blow your hard earned money.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Automotive parking light Snow White Hood Car
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Tire Automotive exterior

New VUT after 10 outings, (broken wing at center pin)
Second pic is Warrantied Wing after 10 more outing ANOTHER damaged wing at center pin. Not sure how to address this. First year owning this plow (Definitely not for commercial use)
By the way my vx 85 has a rip in the same spot. I welded it before it got worse. Looking like a week link 3 for 3 as it sits.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This was back in early July, when I learned the river front home I bought wasn't plowed during the winter. Love the Dogg! Plowing 3.1 miles from my house to the 1st "maintained" gravel road. I don't have any business... yet. As retired USMC I just wanted something to snap on and basically drive slowly while plowing. Forecast looks like feet of snow. Maybe I'll get afew jobs after the weekend.

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Tire Wheel

41 - 59 of 59 Posts