Snow Plowing Forum banner

Leaving plow on truck during commute?

2K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  SnowGuy73 
#1 ·
Scenario- Working an 8-5 job, approximately 30 minute commute. Handful of driveway accounts to plow.

If you clear the drives before work, or maybe after work if it is a day storm, would you leave the plow on the truck for the commute? Keep it on truck during the daily snow season? Or would that be a PIA having it on during a work commute and evening errands- grocery store, gym etc.

Leave plow home, hook up to clear snow, drop it back home...

Also the extra wear and tear on vehicle and tires for no reason... Opinions?

#2 ·
Take the plow off when not un use.

#5 ·
I leave the plows on all season. Around here we get weird weather and when we get a good storm, many times the township or state trucks are out plowing a couple days after burying entrances. Unless your truck is over heating while commuting your not going to hurt anything.

#6 ·
I leave mine on sometimes after a storm, however I don't commute 30 minutes a day. I have a unimount so its not exactly a piece of cake to take on or off.

#8 ·
Glenn Lawn Care;1821295 said:
I leave mine on sometimes after a storm, however I don't commute 30 minutes a day. I have a unimount so its not exactly a piece of cake to take on or off.
Unimounts are cake. Now not as fast as ultras but Stoll easy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.