Leaking transmission cooling line

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Hydromaster, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

I can see its a Dodge, can you get a line bundle from the dealer? If not do what dieselss said and make them.

512high and Hydromaster like this.
  2. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

General rule of thumb...
    Every fall when you service the blade. Inspect the lines under the truck. Trans, brake and fuel lines are all very likely to rot out in a few seasons. Oil spray the bottom of the truck with something. I really like using chain saw oil …

3. OP
    OP
    Hydromaster

Hydromaster PlowSite Veteran
    from 406

Thank you,

the 18-year-old truck leaks so many fluids I don’t think I need to spray the under side

I’m afraid if I spray anymore oil under there it will loosen all the rust and Ill have nothing left.

Yes, I looked under it,yes every single line is Rusty, no I’m not going to replace them all it’ll go to the crusher first.

Ps

I didn’t service the blade, I did put some oil & diesel fuel on it last spring ,maybe next year ..
    I hooked it up to the truck it worked ,fluid level was full , so it’s off to the races

Ps Two driveways are clear so far and I don’t see any red drips in the snow

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Fanatic

If it ain't bleeding, keep going.

Hydromaster likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    Hydromaster

Hydromaster PlowSite Veteran
    from 406

It held.

The 64thousand dollar question,
    Will it hold until spring?

6. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 PlowSite Fanatic

Can' speak for a Dodge, but I have ran a loop to bypass the coolers many of my Duramaxs. My 2001 - 1 ton dump still has a loop to this day and that has been close to 10 years or so now.

The on GM's the coolers are known for plugging and somewhere along the line, (especially if you sled pull with them :rolleyes:) we all figured that you could just loop it just like you did with hose clamps and fuel hose.

The only times that I ever really notice the gauge would start to climb would be in the gates of hell days of summer while pulling a machine.