• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

L-88 engine

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
it is the 427 Cu in. Chevy big block,I think it 425hp,as installed in the corvette,it was used from 1967-1969.The motor was put in Camaro's,Corvettes,and a few Chevelles by lenco,as far as i know.

John has it almost 100% correct. The only thing he was incorrect about was that the L-88 wasn't installed by Lenco (the transmission/driveline company), but was installed by Chevrolet dealers such as Yenko (probably who you were thinking about), Dick Harrell and Baldwin-Motion.

Yenko also installed them in Novas, in addition to the others John mentioned. These vehicles prepared by Yenko often had special interiors also installed in them, and it was common to see "Y S C" embroidered on the headrests. YSC stands for "Yenko Super Car."

Now why can I remember this stuff, but I have no clue when my girlfriend's birthday is?

DJS

BigBlock454

The L-88 was produced and installed in the vehicles above. They were made from 67-69. But they had a rating of 435 horsepower and had aluminum heads. The ZL-1 version had aluminum blocks and heads.

Ohiosnow

L-88

Had 1 in a 72 Jeep CJ-5 that raced at Tri- county 4x4 club back in 1975. :D Their was a guy that had a 426 hemi & another that had a 454 with nitro (back then you had a switch to turn on & off the gas, no computers just prayers) all in Jeeps.:D

John DiMartino

PlowSite.com Veteran
I thought only the tri power 427 ,(L89?)in the vettes had the 435hp,and the all aluminum ZL1.I was pretty sure thr L88 was 425hp.I havent read any of my old mags,to keep fresh on this stuff,so im slipping a little,LOL.I used to know every RPO,for 99% of GM.s