Kubota RTV-X1100C

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by zap6, Jul 1, 2020.

1. zap6

zap6 Junior Member

I was in town picking up painting supplies so I stopped by the local Kubota dealer, they said we should have our RTV delivered tomorrow.

They just need to put the back window protective screen on, the Boss V-plow will go on in September when they get their plows in.

Randall Ave and 512high like this.
  2. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

It showed up a little late but we have it. The young man that delivered it took a ride with me so we could take on a few hills, I learned real quick that even when you have it in low 4WD going up a hill, you don't push the gas pedal to the floor. It walked up the two hills without a problem once I was driving it the proper way.

I didn't do any work with it, we were by the Brook watching some family fish, when we left they had some brook trout and the father even caught a 10 inch small mouth bass that went back in the Brook.

I took some pictures but the sun makes it look faded in two of the pictures. The A/C in this thing is really good.

104_0576.JPG

104_0577.JPG

104_0578.JPG

Avalanche 2500 and Mark Oomkes like this.
  3. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng PlowSite.com Addict

You were probably talking about traction, and may know this already, but on a driving a hydrostat note....the worst thing you can do is to push the pedal (or lever) when it starts to bog down.

Ideally for a hydrostat, the pump is running at constant speed, and the pedal is the shifter, changing how much fluid gets pumped by changing the swashplate angle. The more you press, the higher the gear. It's counterintuitive for those used to an actual throttle, but if you start to bog, reduce the pedal until the rpm's recover. Otherwise you just add heat to the transmission because you are reducing the volume and increasing the pressure and burn it up.

zap6 likes this.
  4. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

Thanks for the info, I'm so use to driving the Rhino after about 14 years but this should be an easy switch.

The main reason for getting this was incase something happened to me the wife could plow the driveway.

We have 142 acres of woods so the RTV will get its share of work hauling out firewood. I have some trail widening to do before the RTV gets back in the woods.

Randall Ave likes this.
  5. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

What would the best range be for plowing? We're back in the woods and have over 600 feet of driveway to plow with most of it being flat with on incline.

Will high in 4WD to the trick in heavy snow or will low in 4WD be better?When I plow with our Mahindra 4540 I'm in low range in third gear which has walked through everything.

6. Aerospace Eng

Aerospace Eng PlowSite.com Addict

I haven’t plowed with an RTV (or any truck) so I can’t answer directly.

If you can go the speed you want without the engine bogging, I don’t see a transmission reason to use one range over the other.

zap6 likes this.
  7. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

If parking on a hill with these, I was told it's the opposite of what you would do on the Yamaha Rhino, on the Rhino if I was going up a hill but had to stop to do trail work, you would put it in reverse with the emergency brake on. But with the Kubota, I was told to leave it in low and put the emergency brake on, is that correct?

8. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

We had decided that we would work one hour at the most removing some Hemlock,Elm and a Pine. It was the first time that I can say that the Brook water wasn't cold. The worst part of this job was all the rocks but I didn't hit one on this trip so all was good.

This was the first time the Kubota had saws in the back, we took the 028 Wood Boss and the Stihl 311 which I used, I ran Canola Oil in it instead of regular bar oil.

The wife was in the Brook helping out which is always nice, we'll go after the Hemlock that's left another day. There was and still is a **** load of dirt on the Hemlock so I'll bring an extra mudder chain plus a small broom too clean off the log, today I just brushed everything off with my hand.

104_0584.JPG

104_0585.JPG

104_0586.JPG

104_0587.JPG

104_0588.JPG

104_0589.JPG

9. Avalanche 2500

Avalanche 2500 PlowSite.com Addict

@zap6, Nice RTV! A 142 acres she will get a workout!! Recommend use 4-low only when in some heavy poop >4 high work will work great=less grinding on gears when turning. looks like u got enough wood cut an stored.!!! We like pic's of plow when installed. Also u have lots of trout in that river flow = good eating good luck Thumbs Up :drinkup:

10. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

We have 60 or 61 face cord up with another 10 planned on this fall, I finally started to fell the Ash since EAB arrived in our county a couple of years.

The reason for me running in low is the hills, high won't do it. We still have the Rhino with just under 7600 miles which is in great shape so we'll still use that.

The plow should be in and then installed by the end of September but I'll throw up some pics.

We're finally getting some rain from Fay and another system coming in from the west, they say over two inches of rain when it's all over.

The Mahindra 4540 has been doing all the plowing, nothing like putting the snow where you want it, even the heavy wet snow.
    101_2214.JPG

101_2215.JPG

Avalanche 2500 likes this.
  11. OP
    OP
    zap6

zap6 Junior Member

I never fish the Brook for trout but I do have some family that always catches trout when they fish, there father taught them well.

I was with the older boy when he caught a 12 inch Brown Trout, he was young and pretty excited. Both the boys are 16 & 14 so they don't get here like they use to but I understand that.

Avalanche 2500 likes this.