Killing time

OP
D

Dockboy

Adam,

The little Pioneer thing is the controller for a XM Radio. It's satelite radio for vehicles. Kind of like Directv;) . It even has The Weather Channel on it:D . You can check it out at www.xmradio.com

The Display(screen) is an Eclipse 7002. It goes for about $1200 new and is an AM/FM radio and CD controller. Then you have to add an auto TV tuner. Mine is a Sony TUE-1101, it's about $500.

There are some other units that do the same things a little cheaper. It's just that I'm a Hi-Fi Nut:)

Greg

OP
D

Dockboy

No Problem Adam:D

No, Best Buy does not carry Eclipse stuff.

I got this off the web page

To Find Your
Nearest Retailer:
(800)55-ECLIPSE

Do they have Tweeter stores in Il ? If they do, you might find them there:cool:

Greg

OP
D

Dockboy

It's a little more complicated than a standard radio. There is the head unit, which is a standard single DIN size, which has the display in it. But then there is a another unit which actually has the radio and all the wiring, that get's mounted in a remote location. If you click on the second ebay link above, they have a picture of it.

Remember, there is no CD player. Only the ability to control one. I have a Eclipse 6 Disc in-dash unit mounted right under the 7002. Or you can get a remote 12 disc Eclipse changer or BOTH;)

Greg