• Vaccine Priority For Essential Snow & Ice Workers?
    Concerned about COVID-19 and/or potential labor shortages? Click here for a letter to health departments from SIMA emphasizing your priority for the COVID vaccine as an "essential" worker.

Keeping salt from infront of the spreader

OP
JMHConstruction

JMHConstruction

PlowSite Fanatic
Pay attention when loading or getting loaded too. Its been awhile since Ive been to a yard to get loaded but quite often an operator using an yard bucket would dump spilling infront instead of out back of the unit. These spills add up quickly especially at 10-15 fills a storm.
It's usually me that spills it :confused:

This is definitely from the back end. I can hear every pellet the loader drops.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
At the risk of sounding completely clueless on costs and mechanics, I'm surprised they don't come standard on 1 ton and larger trucks.

Isn't it just an extra part on the trans?
PTO is aboot a $750-1000 kicker.
In theory your close as to what it is.
I'm given it some thought to having my next pickup ordered with it.
I can see it being a handing thing when I get to Wyoming.

BossPlow2010

PlowSite Fanatic
Run Hyd Beaver tail on GN trailer, power remote fence post driver, power portable chutes and calf table and hauling equipment that has hyd wheels like cultivators, bottom plows, etc....
Buy the Milwaukee hyd pump...

or.....

Add a bigger tank and run it off your plow...

Aerospace Eng

2000 Club Member
Run Hyd Beaver tail on GN trailer, power remote fence post driver, power portable chutes and calf table and hauling equipment that has hyd wheels like cultivators, bottom plows, etc....
Sort of like a bigger unimog, that can actoally motor on the highway, but no 3 point hitch.