Registered
859 Posts
Well that was a flop lol
Oh well, I'll take it. Better than nothing I suppose

Tire Wheel Cloud Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
859 Posts
It was a decent event for salting. Friday night was nice for us. Now the snow during Saturday pretty much sucked. No one cares about plow trucks, guys almost got hit multiple times.
had a person come swinging in RIGHT in front of my dad into a handicapped stall over his windrow. Literally I watched him slam on his brakes. People are out to win lawsuits!

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
How is everyone holding from this week's storm? We went through some salt with the low temperature. Had a lot of customers ask for plowing before even getting an inch of snow.
Other than everything breaking and something like 9 hours of sleep between Friday to Monday, it went pretty well :laugh:

I'm glad we have a little time to catch up on proper repairs. I was getting pretty stressed when they were originally calling for more snow all this week

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have two boss snowplows that I am looking to trade. They are 9’2” Boss v-plows. One is steel, the other is poly. They are in great working condition. I am looking to trade for Boss v-plows that are 7’6” to 8’2” in widths. I will only consider Boss plows with rt3 mounts. They are the plows with the second to latest lights (oval shaped, not LED and not the original lights from the RT3 plows). I can get some pictures from the shop if anyone is interested. 913-449-8881

·
Registered
25 Posts
soooo, how did the rest of you guys do with the storm?? All went super smooth, definitely a bit challenging but we made it through. Also, did Dentco call anyone else about 5 gas stations that needed to be plowed? I told them no because we already signed on a large commercial building & two apartments complexes.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We got 7 inches which isn't a bad storm. This storm went smooth. I salted around 3 am. I'm hoping we get another storm this week.
It was awesome! We had all of our guys out at 4:00am, definitely going to invest in a couple snowex/saltdogg vbox spreaders as it's getting to be a pain doing everything with the lesco push spreaders for salting. Also one of the few times I've seen many spin outs on the hiways due to the ice buildup before it snowed. Would love another storm to!

·
Registered
23 Posts
It was awesome! We had all of our guys out at 4:00am, definitely going to invest in a couple snowex/saltdogg vbox spreaders as it's getting to be a pain doing everything with the lesco push spreaders for salting. Also one of the few times I've seen many spin outs on the hiways due to the ice buildup before it snowed. Would love another storm to!
I wouldn't do snowex. I run two of them right now and I'm just not a fan of them. The augers are just slow. Have to run at full material flow to really put any product down.

·
Registered
25 Posts
@Mark Oomkes I know, we aren't a giant company, just temporary until we can get an electric Vbox spreader. Gotta start somewhere right?

1961 - 1980 of 1987 Posts