Snow Plowing Forum banner
1921 - 1940 of 1990 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
I’m seeing a 10% increase from my bulk supplier.

· Registered
859 Posts
We buy in bulk throughout the winter. Normally stock up 25-30 ton in the fall then keep it stocked throughout the winter. We used to order bulk through kansas salt, but now we buy in bulk truck loads (our own dump truck) through RL Hannah.

· Registered
23 Posts
We buy in bulk throughout the winter. Normally stock up 25-30 ton in the fall then keep it stocked throughout the winter. We used to order bulk through kansas salt, but now we buy in bulk truck loads (our own dump truck) through RL Hannah.
Whats hannah charging you this year? I haven't call them yet down in hv. They had fines last year which clogged up real bad.

· Registered
859 Posts
Did you guys end up getting your Aldi's back?
JMH no, they went to a property management company from Florida and we did not want to be involved in that fiasco.

Reactions: JMHConstruction

· Registered
859 Posts
Whats hannah charging you this year? I haven't call them yet down in hv. They had fines last year which clogged up real bad.
Haven't ran down there yet to get a load. Need to soon. Yes the salt last year was very powdery, but from what I understood everyone got that same kind of salt because the mines were only selling the real rock salt to cities and municipalities.

· Registered
859 Posts
Since it rained last night and I couldn't move dirt today, I decided to reorganize/ hook up and fluid film everything. Let it snow!!

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Vehicle

Plant Land vehicle Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
859 Posts
Your going to drive around with your plow mounted to your truck until spring ?
No, just pulled it out of storage to clean/ make sure everything works. Definitely not going to be that guy :dizzy:

Reactions: Hydromaster

· Registered
6,441 Posts
No, just pulled it out of storage to clean/ make sure everything works. Definitely not going to be that guy :dizzy:
I saw "that guy" driving down i435 about a week ago. Had the plow and spreader on his truck. I thought, maybe he just bought them and was picking them up. It did make do a double take at the weather to make sure I hadn't missed something!

· Registered
859 Posts
I saw "that guy" driving down i435 about a week ago. Had the plow and spreader on his truck. I thought, maybe he just bought them and was picking them up. It did make do a double take at the weather to make sure I hadn't missed something!
Looks like next week may get interesting, but I don't need it to snow or ice just yet:dizzy:

· Registered
859 Posts
Down to 26 tonight after rain....possible black ice treatment??
Salt tonight, pre treat Wednesday morning, plow Wednesday evening, again Thursday morning, post treat. Sounds good:laugh:

· Registered
1,179 Posts
Who is ready? I know I'm not ready for this crap!!
Computer harddrive shot craps and I was w/o a computer for a month because it was backordered. Out driving to all my accounts right now with a stack of contracts getting signatures. Sold my old truck and completely changed my whole process this year. Plowing with skidsteer and just bought a BOSS Quick Cube for salt. Been running around like a chicken with my head cut off for 2 months trying to get all my equipment lined up and organized. But other than that, I think I'm ready.

1921 - 1940 of 1990 Posts