Snow Plowing Forum banner

Kage pics

11K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  timsjeep 
#1 ·
Some old pics of the Kage 8' when it was new, then another 8' and the 10' that goes on the244j loader. By far a fantastic investment for plowing. Oldest Kage must be 4 years or so and other then the end pin getting worn, absolutely no problems!

Snowplow Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Snow removal

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Snow Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Sky Land vehicle Vehicle

Cloud Land vehicle Sky Vehicle Automotive tire

See less See more
#3 ·
John_DeereGreen;1943633 said:
How does the 244 do with the 10'? We have a 244J with a 12 foot Arctic, so far it's been great but it hasn't seen much snow.
Does very well, if we get a 6" wet snow you'll spin, but take the box off and you'll be fine for a pass or two to open up. A lot of the areas we use the kage plows are complicated with bringing snow through an alley or piling a whole parking lot in or boulevard while all the cars are there so it's not as fair of a comparison as if we had a straight 100' run either. Only pusher we have is a 16' on a 924, the skid and compact loader both run the kage for 2 acre or less sites

#8 ·
The kage would work great for that, from what've found we can do a small lot with a lot of stalls with the 10' kage on the 244j and then go do a large parking lot and still be efficient just depends how the guy plows. Plow long ways in a truck, and the shorter way with equipment if you can go both ways plowing. I've always went back and forth when purchasing a new blade between a Kage and metalpless, I did purchase a metalpless this year but previously Kage has always won out due to the purchase price and the fewer moving parts. We've done minor things to the Kage, more maintenance items then repairs, but we have never had a Kage go down during a storm.

#10 ·
I haven't been on for awhile, I don't recall hearing any toughness issues, but I can say first hand for what my plows go through, I couldn't be happier with the quality and craftsmanship of my Kage plows. I do love my MetalPless as well, but I never worry about the Kage's when it's snowing as there are quite a few less moving parts. Hope this helps.

#11 ·
Broncslefty7;2008946 said:
how are you guys doing with your kages. i am looking at buying one for my new Cat 272D XHP, most likely a 9 footer. how ever i have been hearing that they are having "toughness" issues and are breaking easily. any feed back would be awesome.

Thanks!
Had no issues at all with our 10' kage in the first season. Performed as advertised. Used with Cat 289D. Pushed alot of heavy snow with full box.

#13 · (Edited)
We have had a 9' on our NH185 for 3 season now, our guys are not easy on equipment at all and I feel these plows have held up great! The part we have replaced is the pins connecting the hydraulic angle cylinders, just bent over time and eventually gave way. $20 repair and good for another season! Got a new 10' last year for our Bobcat S750 and it handles it great as well. The new ones are all build with a "universal box" so it can fit any size plow (I guess that simplifies mfg) a lot of extra nuts and bolts but nothing we had had an issue with.

I would not hesitate to recommend them or buy more in the future!!

http://youtu.be/y1D1kkVpK6k

#17 ·
I'd try a Kage, except I won't buy from my "dealer".

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.