Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First question. Is there a kit thru Deere to add an accumulator for the 3 point hitch? Tractor is a 2012 5093e.

Second question. Does it drive anyone else crazy that the tractors do not have intermittent wipers?? It drives me crazy and my dealer said there is no upgrade.

Thank you. Matt

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the wiper drive me nuts! I ordered a wiper timer board and i am going to try to wire it in and it will give the wipers a range of 3 seconds to 45 seconds. I hope it works

· Registered
891 Posts
First question. Is there a kit thru Deere to add an accumulator for the 3 point hitch? Tractor is a 2012 5093e.

Second question. Does it drive anyone else crazy that the tractors do not have intermittent wipers?? It drives me crazy and my dealer said there is no upgrade.

Thank you. Matt
No kit from JD but we have installed accumulators in our 5000 series.

No info on intermittent wipers.

· Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
when i have time to wire it in I will post my results. The part was only 12 bucks

· Registered
58,697 Posts
the wiper drive me nuts! I ordered a wiper timer board and i am going to try to wire it in and it will give the wipers a range of 3 seconds to 45 seconds. I hope it works
Details???

· Registered
58,697 Posts
My '99 544 has delay wipers, pretty sure they could have added it to these tractors.

No accumulator and dealers tell you there is nothing available. They're wrong.

· Registered
17,725 Posts
I am in shock that none of you guys have done this yet...:eek:

My bobcats when I plowed had intermittent wipers. I did it via a time delay relay, but the same concept more or less.

I believe that were made by Bosch? Not as cheap as the above posted item either, but it worked at the time. I also like the selection speed knob on the board. My setup was not as user friendly as you had to teach each new operator how to bump set you time delay.

· Registered
8,530 Posts
I was reading about intermittent wipers the other day....Well my daughter was reading it to me....The guy that developed them and holds the patent is very vigil in making company’s pay....It seems John Deere is too cheap to install them on all tractors...

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I was reading about intermittent wipers the other day....Well my daughter was reading it to me....The guy that developed them and holds the patent is very vigil in making company's pay....It seems John Deere is too cheap to install them on all tractors...
A movie was made about the inventor. Its called Flash of Genius. Worth watching. Car companies stole his design. Totally screwed him over. He lost everything trying to sue them. He finally won in the end after several years in the courts.

· Registered
58,697 Posts
Shoot, my '93 L8000 has them.

For $12 I'll be adding them to whatever doesn't.

· Registered
256 Posts
I am in shock that none of you guys have done this yet...:eek:

My bobcats when I plowed had intermittent wipers. I did it via a time delay relay, but the same concept more or less.

I believe that were made by Bosch? Not as cheap as the above posted item either, but it worked at the time. I also like the selection speed knob on the board. My setup was not as user friendly as you had to teach each new operator how to bump set you time delay.
Hi Phil. I looked into those really 3-4 weeks ago for my l6060. Those I beleive only work if you already have intermitent wiper and you want to adjuste the delay time between swep. If you replace a constant wiper relay ( wiper without intermitent) function by one of those time delay you would only get only one cycle out of the wiper. But I could be wrong.

· Registered
17,725 Posts
Hi Phil. I looked into those really 3-4 weeks ago for my l6060. Those I beleive only work if you already have intermitent wiper and you want to adjuste the delay time between swep. If you replace a constant wiper relay ( wiper without intermitent) function by one of those time delay you would only get only one cycle out of the wiper. But I could be wrong.
I had to add it in not replace. Separate throw on different switch.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts