It's been over 17 years since I was on here, wow!

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
I was on that site for a long time (canadianhighsierra), it certainly went downhill really fast after you left. Derek Broerse was another regular on there from Ontario, had the two square body duallies with Boss V's
Interesting, I remember that username as well.

Always wondered what happened to Derek.

MtnCowboy

I'm making a return, too, but only 9 years(?) have flown by. During that time I've maintained the same mile of backwoods mountain road . . . unfortunately, sometimes with the "help" of new neighbors that had no clue how to handle a season average of 8 feet of wet snow.

Over the past 14 years I've use the same old ATV/plow, tractor/blower and other tools to handle significant storms – until last Saturday when I added a brand new 48" Bercomac snowblower to the mix; just in time for a fresh 8" of snow.

I'll write up a review of that snowblower later but here's a spoiler alert: diehard fans of Berco blowers probably shouldn't read it.

Pictured: Feb 26, 2020 . . .
What could possibly go wrong.jpg

LapeerLandscape

PlowSite Fanatic
I'm making a return, too, but only 9 years(?) have flown by. During that time I've maintained the same mile of backwoods mountain road . . . unfortunately, sometimes with the "help" of new neighbors that had no clue how to handle a season average of 8 feet of wet snow.

Over the past 14 years I've use the same old ATV/plow, tractor/blower and other tools to handle significant storms – until last Saturday when I added a brand new 48" Bercomac snowblower to the mix; just in time for a fresh 8" of snow.

I'll write up a review of that snowblower later but here's a spoiler alert: diehard fans of Berco blowers probably shouldn't read it.

Pictured: Feb 26, 2020 . . . View attachment 202020
Send the neighbors that have no clue here, we can give them advice.

MtnCowboy

I always think that I can advise them too. I've owned this property since 1991 and while I might be mistaken, I sort of have snow removal on this particular road down to a science. I have decades of photos and years of videos that I share with new neighbors, not to mention a manual that I created for snow removal. I have only 3 neighbors and the turnover is high, primarily due to winter.

This is a virtual mountain wilderness, e.g. when a cougar kills a dog the state game dept just takes a report and says "whaddya expect?" New neighbors usually aren't prepared for winter back here so I try to bring them up to speed. Sometimes it works but usually they decided to find out the hard way.