It's been over 17 years since I was on here, wow!

OP
Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Chuck's Chevy Trucks Pages!!!

lol, when I started out plowing snow about 20 years ago it was with an 86 GMC High Sierra, the first site I had checked out on the 73-87 GM's. Which lead me to a plowing site Chuck had listed on there.

http://www.chuckschevytruckpages.com/
Back then I sent everyone here. Then ownership changed in 2003, we had different ideas of what this site should be about, and I left. Started another site, kept it for 10 years and sold it. The new owners ruined it.

OP
Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Forgot about the inventor of snow being a moderator at one point.

And some of those members...Rooster, 75, gslam88.

Fun times back then.
Yes, Rooster (Rick) passed away, 75 (Rob) slid off the face of the earth, and so did gslam88 (Pete). I heard many years ago Rob met a woman, and Pete, well after an Erie GTG, he never came back on here, same as BRL, may have even been the same year...

Mark Oomkes

PlowSite Fanatic
Forgot that Pete was at the GTG too. My memory sucks.

Rob was the guy from Toronto area?

Some of the same trolls pop their heads back in from time to time...so not everything has changed.

meyer22288

PlowSite.com Addict
Chuck have you been in touch with any of the more active members of the site in those days, a few that come to mind are pelican, Alan, snowplowjay, Fred Pickering, John dimartino. I believe I heard somewhere that sadly mick has passed away. Would love to see some of those guys pop in for a visit.

LapeerLandscape

PlowSite Fanatic
So lets get to the elephant in the room....what's dial-up?

Oh yeah, hey Chuck.

NYH1.
Dial up was the most frustrating thing in the computer world especially when trying load up a nude pic. It was so slow you would fall asleep by the time it got down to the shoulders. I thought listening to my dad talk about having to walk to school up hill both ways, dial up is way worse.

OP
Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith

2000 Club Member
Chuck have you been in touch with any of the more active members of the site in those days, a few that come to mind are pelican, Alan, snowplowjay, Fred Pickering, John dimartino. I believe I heard somewhere that sadly mick has passed away. Would love to see some of those guys pop in for a visit.
Mick sadly, did pass years ago. Fred, John, Pelican (Steve), Alan, Jay, all on Facebook. I talk to them almost every day on there. Sonjaab just popped on there yesterday, have not talked to him in years. Many of the old names are on FB every day.

CAT 245ME

PlowSite.com Addict
Back then I sent everyone here. Then ownership changed in 2003, we had different ideas of what this site should be about, and I left. Started another site, kept it for 10 years and sold it. The new owners ruined it.
I was on that site for a long time (canadianhighsierra), it certainly went downhill really fast after you left. Derek Broerse was another regular on there from Ontario, had the two square body duallies with Boss V's