is my plow short

Frank

i am looking to add another plow on the road i have a 89 jeep wrangler and found a used 6 1/2ft. meyer poly plow. my jeep is about 6 ft. and someone told me i need a 7 ft. i am trying to keep it small for tight areas. can anyone tell me if i would be makeing a mistake?

plowking35

2000 Club Member
I would take the 6.5 and add pro wings. At the low rate of speed that the wrangler will be moving snow, they should hold up fine on the 6.5' plow.
Dino

Iceman

We have a friend that plows one account with a Jeep/6-5 plow, a storage facility. It takes him awhile but it does get the job done. As said above, pro wings could always be added later on.

OP
F

Frank

thanks for the replys
the thing is i am afraid that when i plow with the blade angled left or right will i get snow in front of my front tire.

Tommy10plows

is my plow short?

I plow for years with 6.5 's on Jeep CJ's. No sweat.

As my carpenter friends say, it ain't the tools, it's the carpenter. So as you develop your skills as a driver, get that special intuition that you can back up to where you started just by counting seconds in your head, visualize your paths and stack areas before you even attack a drive or lot, you will find a cj with 6.5 is adequate and angles snow just fine at full left or right. But I do recommend chains on that little gal just so she can stop if ice is under the snow!

Top Forums