I can tell you that Geomelt® is a performance enhancement for stockpiles that is set apart from other common agricultural products on the market today.
1. Geomelt® is a Non Chloride Product. Geomelt® does not require the addition of a chloride brine to give it melting action and or freeze point depression. Other products must use chloride brine to melt, or they would simply freeze up.
2. Overall corrosion is greatly reduced because of the lack of chloride.
3. 100% Biodegradable, no chlorides.
4. Application rate is approximately 25% less, only 6 gallons per ton when applied to salt.
5. A very high percentage of solids in solution, almost 30% more than other common agricultural products. No fall out, all product is QC’d to a very high standard. More active ingredient to work for a longer period time.
6. Geomelt® Salt will melt below -15ºF, without the addition of chlorides.
These 6 reasons set Geomelt® apart from other common agricultural based deicing products.
Also offered are blends with chlorides, anti-icing uses, and direct replacements for Calcium Chloride.
Please review the attached information and please feel free to call me if you have any questions.
Cheaper does not mean better. Also most products out in the market have Chemical our Physical Analysis to back it up. However SOME don't. I have found that if you follow your State requirements for approved product and if your state does not have requirements follow the Pacific Northwest Snowfighters (PNS) standards. Again SOME don't meet this standard. you will be safe from the likes of the DEC our EPA and the Attorney General. I know first hand. Do your homework first. Cheaper does not mean better when you pay the government in fines.