1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

Inverted Vee Removal

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by jb1390, Feb 17, 2010.

  1. jb1390

    jb1390 Senior Member
    Messages: 710

    Has anybody run their V-box with the inverted v removed? the one thing that annoys me about mine is that the sand gets stuck on the inverted v and I need to shovel. No I don't have a vibrator-but I don't want to pay for one either, it seems also like they would break stuff faster, excessively vibrating metal parts is generally not good. If I could remove the inverted v the spreader would never clog. Would it be too much weight on the drag chain?
  2. Dewey

    Dewey Senior Member
    Messages: 438

    I have a Fisher sander It came witout a Vee works great ,,, not sure what the Vee is for ???
  3. jb1390

    jb1390 Senior Member
    Messages: 710

    The v is for keeping the weight off the drag chain. However, in my case the only purpose I see is to keep sand from flowing out of the spreader, thereby increasing my frequency of exercise by making me get out of the truck and use a shovel to get it moving again.
  4. BSDeality

    BSDeality Senior Member
    Messages: 736

    my ice-o-way doesn't have a v. never had a problem with weight on the chain and I heap the crap out of it. The amount of weight isn't that much, the sloped sidewalls create a bridge effect anyways. I've even run topsoil through my spreader and it came out fine.
  5. jb1390

    jb1390 Senior Member
    Messages: 710

    yeah I was looking at the inside of a fisher polycaster on another forum here and I noticed it didn't have the v-I think mine might be coming out. I will have to figure out how to lift it though, since the hook is connected to the inverted v. Maybe I will just make the inverted part smaller or replace it with a piece of angle iron or straight bar.