1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

interested in some control valve info.

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Megunticook, Jan 26, 2008.

  1. Megunticook

    Megunticook Senior Member
    from Maine
    Messages: 190

    I have an older "Speedcast" era plow I got used back in '02, haven't been able to pinpoint the date exactly but most likely early 1980s vintage.

    The valve body is model #4465 and says "mfd. by Tractor Fluid Power"--I think it says "Tractor" but it's hard to tell because that portion of the tag is worn and hard to read. Serial # is 86412 (could 86 be the manufacture year?)

    In any case, I have a very minor case of "blade creep" such that the blade will very slowly drop over time when the lift cylinder is extended and the control is in the "lock" position. A Fisher rep. told me this most likely means the valves are worn (since the lift cylinder is brand new Fisher and not leaking at all).

    I'm thinking I may want to have a spare replacement valve on hand for down the road as this problem becomes more of an issue--the only new replacement I could find online was a model 4466 at CPW:


    Baby runs $600! I gather you cannot rebuild an old valve, though.

    Is this the valve I want? Any other options?

  2. tim096

    tim096 Senior Member
    from wny
    Messages: 100

    ck ebay alot cheaper
  3. dave597

    dave597 Junior Member
    from CT
    Messages: 3

    I would think there are rubber "O" rings inside the valve that could be replaced, or take the whole valve to a hydraulic shop for overhaul. Either way would be a lot cheaper than 600 bucks. Good luck.