Snow Plowing Forum banner

Intensifire Light Problem (Driver Low Beam no power)

4K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  RepoMan207 
#1 ·
Im hoping RepoMan207 will swing by here and aide as always :)

2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is the Truck, Fisher HT Plow with the green iso module

Low/High beam work on truck

Low beam on passenger side works, High Beam on both work.

Again, hoping Repoman can swing by with his schematics knowledge and point me to the right schematic so I know what pins Im looking to test :)

#3 ·
i have the exact same problem with my brand new install on 2003 gmc with an 8 6 extreme vee
wired up correct but low beam will not work on ds, high beam element goes real dim

#5 · (Edited)
ritchiegilbyemt;1384607 said:
i have the exact same problem with my brand new install on 2003 gmc with an 8 6 extreme vee
wired up correct but low beam will not work on ds, high beam element goes real dim
Yours is most likely a configuration problem. Go to your trucks headlamps, where the fisher harness plugs into your lights....these are reversible. make sure all 4 connections (highs and lows) are "A" side up, or "B" side up, if they all correlate, then flip them all over and plug them back in.

#6 ·
webbytech;1383604 said:
found the schematic. My only question now is, if the high beam works that means theres power coming in on the COM-11B wire. So I should be looking at testing the ohm between Low-6A correct?
I'm guessing this is a new install for you as well. If so, follow above post as well ^^^^^^^

If not, let me know.

#7 ·
It is new RepoMan. It'll be at the dealer for hydraulic warranty work anyway today so Im going to have them check it out.

Plow drifts downward as soon as its raised. Not getting pressure so myself and 2 mechanically inclined friends are thinking the manifold/valve area

#8 ·
I just sent you a reply to your PM.

on the lights, if they find it's a configuration issue, they my charge you. If they're a decent dealer and you bought it from them, they may let it slide.

On the Hydro issue, I agree, that's their problem, but I layed it out for you in the PM in case you want to tackle it.

#10 ·
How bout on an existing install Repoman?? Things worked fine last year, now so far this year I have no low beam on DS plow lites, but plow high beams work on both DS and PS... Truck hi and low both work ok.... 2000 silverado 2500

Thanks
Matt

#12 ·
not on the truck since last plowing season, I did have HID's in the plow lights, and when I first fired up the plow this season and the dr side wasn't working, I assumed the HID's were the issue, so I tore them out and went back to normal halogen H13's then the low beam still didn't work, so I swapped the new bulbs from right to left, just to make sure I hadn't gotten a bum bulb....

Thanks
Matthew

#13 ·
Check the back of the socket, the black wire, make sure it's seated firmly into the connector.

Same on each side of the connectors at the grill, check for compromised attachment and corrosion.

Check pin #6, thoroughly clean and inspect the pins on both connectors, then reapply dielectric grease if ok.

Check your ISO module where the common light harness plugs into it, to make sure it's firmly seated, un plug and re plug if in doubt.

I would tell you to test the black wire near each junction...but I'm not sure if you would be looking for 12v or ground. I recall B&B saying something about the 99-02 GMC NBS being positive common...which means you would be looking for ground....but I can't be sure. Maybe Mike or one of the others will pop in and tell us. Otherwise check the list above, and then test it starting with ground for a 12v response first.

Rectangle Font Parallel Circuit component Electronic device

Rectangle Font Parallel Circuit component Electronic device

#15 ·
thanks for the help, I got it sorted out, I think the root of my problem was my HID balast went bad over the summer, so I removed it, but for whatever reason the HID balast needed the polarity of the headlight wiring reversed... I reversed the plugin where my plow wiring met the truck wiring harness, and my DS plow low beam came on, but then my truck lowbeam HID stopped working, so I left that plug as is, and then switched the polarity on the end of the plow wiring where it connected to my truckside HID LB balast and it is back working now too,,,,

Matthew

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.