Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pfft, not likely, I won't bother, I'll be selling this plow in about another month, next year's will come on it, I'm sure.
They haven't said. The bulletin says full details will be in the preseason program due next month. BOSS did switch to them as standard equipment but I don't know if Fisher in planning to do the same or if they will be an upgrade. Considering they just redesigned the halogen Intensifiers, my guess would be the latter but that is pure speculation.

· Registered
1,172 Posts
I tend to agree with cwren. I can't see them spending the R&D etc on the 38800 halogen intensifires to 'give away' the LED for free on all new plows a year later. So either it will be an option everywhere, or maybe it only comes standard on certain models like the bigger XV2 and XLS as well as the HC which in theory are more likely destined for people who will run them for many hours and assuming the LED is more durable, would appreciate the lower likelihood of destroying a light housing after they catch a manhole :)

· Registered
6,266 Posts
They haven't said. The bulletin says full details will be in the preseason program due next month. BOSS did switch to them as standard equipment but I don't know if Fisher in planning to do the same or if they will be an upgrade. Considering they just redesigned the halogen Intensifiers, my guess would be the latter but that is pure speculation.
I tend to agree with cwren. I can't see them spending the R&D etc on the 38800 halogen intensifires to 'give away' the LED for free on all new plows a year later. So either it will be an option everywhere, or maybe it only comes standard on certain models like the bigger XV2 and XLS as well as the HC which in theory are more likely destined for people who will run them for many hours and assuming the LED is more durable, would appreciate the lower likelihood of destroying a light housing after they catch a manhole :)
Come on guys.... seriously? You guys have been around long enough to know that they'll add them as standard equipment, and jack the rates, yet again. I'll place a large bet on that.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
Come on guys.... seriously? You guys have been around long enough to know that they'll add them as standard equipment, and jack the rates, yet again. I'll place a large bet on that.
I'm with you Ryan. Fisher is late to the game with this LED upgrade and I bet they are standard equipment next year.

· Premium Member
17,282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Actually, I still disagree for the exact reason @JFon101231 said. I have no idea what the cost for R&D on the 38800 lights was, but I'm sure it was a significant investment. I'm sure the LEDs will be standard eventually, but I doubt it'll be this season. Plus, making them standard would undoubtedly mean a huge increase in new unit pricing across the board and i don't think they'll want to do that yet.

I could be totally wrong and, in fact, I hope they are standard because it wont make us dealers look like we are gouging the consumers by having them as an "option." I think that standardizing the pricing for the pushplates and controllers was an excellent move for the exact same reason.

· Registered
1,005 Posts
One thing to remember is that "next year" is really "3 weeks." The preseason program for next season starts in the beginning of April.
Agreed..... so we'll know sooner than later and I'll be wrong.....again :cool2:

Reactions: cwren2472

· Registered
1,005 Posts
If you check out the Fisher FaceBook page they made a post this morning about these new lights. Mid April roll out and retrofitting older plows can be accomplished. They are also rolling out a 10'6" XV2....holy crap!

Reactions: jonniesmooth

· Registered
728 Posts
772 bucks for the new led lights compared to the 38800 at 278.40
if next years plows come standard then the price will go up 1000.

The Newest Updated Western LED NightHawk Lights.

These L.E.D. lights are the best plow lights on they market and they are brighter than the competition. They are 11 pin and they can be used to replace the older 38800, 28800-1, and the 64100 lights. May not fit all applications, still waiting for more information.

These headlamps are 2X brighter than halogen lights and the ultra-wide light pattern provides maximum visibility. With the high beams on, these will light the road ahead for 350 yards or the length of 3.5 football fields.

A built in heating system ensures that they don't get covered with snow while plowing. It automatically senses the temperature of the outer surface and turns the heating elements on when needed. Also built to withstand vibration, impact, water, submersion, shock and corrosion.

The new NightHawk lights feature a technology called Edgeview. A lens is located on the sides with a dedicated LED lamp so that you get 180 degree vision, not just illuminating the road ahead, but all edges of the snowplow as well.

https://www.storksplows.com/new-led-western-plow-light-kit-11-pin-48800-lights-l-e-d.html

Clothing Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Tire Automotive design

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.