1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

insurer to provide workers comp insurance in NOVA

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by FFX VA plow, Aug 2, 2017.

1. FFX VA plow

FFX VA plow Junior Member

New to the plowing business in Northern VA. Currently coordinating to plow for VDOT, but need a good insurance company to provide reasonably priced workers comp insurance mandated by state. Any suggestions from those that have experience with this?

Also trying to figure out what a reasonable hourly rate to charge state for f450 w/ 9' plow and 3cy spreader and separately a F250 w/8' plow and 2cy spreader. We are struggling to find answers to these questions...thanks in advance

2. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

For plowing municipal here, I get 125.00 an hour. I don't do salting, can't help you there. And yes, I have to be fully insured with workman's comp. And the township is listed on my policy as an additional insured.

FFX VA plow likes this.
  3. FFX VA plow

FFX VA plow Junior Member

Thanks, what insurance company do you use for workers comp coverage?

4. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite Veteran

I'd have to look. My secretary handles all that. I have a truck repair business. The insurance is all wrapped into one policy. Your stated rates will vary.

FFX VA plow likes this.