Snow Plowing Forum banner

Installing strobes in a utility bed

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  RBRONKEMA GHTFD 
#1 ·
Has any one installed strobes in a utility bed? I have a 01 Chevy 2500HD 8.1L with a utility bed The bed has a red stop light and a clear light for reverse. I do not know if there is enough room in the existing lights to put a strobe bulb in. I have racks on my truck and can not put another 4 inch light on the back or do not want to drill a four inch hole in the metal bed. I would not mind putting a smaller light on the back but all the web site I been to only show large lights.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a way it could be done. Whelen sells a mount that one of these mounts that you can put a oval light into, if the light has a flange mount. They would look factory too if you painted them to match the color of the truck too. I know I could do it, and I do alot of custom installs on cars and truck for different people. Here is a pic of the light I am talking about and the box. It is also pretty low profile, and possible somthing to look into.

Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Amber Plant Communication Device

Automotive lighting Wood Wood stain Drink Automotive exterior

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.