I'm Stuck

Discussion in 'SnowSport®' started by LEVE, Dec 9, 2010.

1. LEVE

LEVE Member

Last week, in 31" of snow the Ranger met it's match. As I was taking the first pass on the 300' driveway, I lost a chain on the back passenger side. Soon, I was shoveling out the Ranger. Till I lost the chain.. the SnowSport and the Ranger were doing just fine.

[​IMG]

The Harbor Freight winch has been working fine this season; a good modification to the plow.

2. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

If you are using a snowsport DON'T let the snow get that deep before going out. The snow was deeper than you plow height, that's a bad combination.

3. OP
    OP
    LEVE

LEVE Member

Yep, ya learn something new every day.... The tough part was getting to the house to the garage... that took a while!

4. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

I did the same thing last year. the further I plowed the deeper it got. Had to get the bobcat and dig my way out!

5. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Yep!

We had a massive Blizzard here last week and my lil girl took a beating. 24" of snow is just a B@tch to clean up with the HD Snow Sport. It showed its weaknesses for only the 2nd or 3rd time in 4 seasons.

C.

6. buddy4781

buddy4781 Senior Member

A 24" snow VS Snowsport is not a weakness, The Snowsport just has limitations and 24" exceeds it. Like Clent siad "a mans got to know his limitations".

7. 18lmslcsr

18lmslcsr Senior Member
    from WI.

Actually yes,

It is a weakness. The plow is unable to lower/raise automatically....nor can it take small swipes as a full hydro would do with the blade angled. I realized this 4-5 yrs. ago when purchasing but chose to accommodate the design limitation built into the product.
    In a Blizzard of the magnitude we had here in WI it was near impossible to plow safely. The snow drops off the lake and the winds are 55+mph for durations that exceed hours. Drifting is as high as the door frame of houses. It is truly a limitation... Lol!:waving:

C.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2011