1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

    Dismiss Notice

I'm amazed with priceing on these parts and plows

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by capt caper, Nov 29, 2007.

  1. capt caper

    capt caper Senior Member
    Messages: 101

    Just got myself into a new HD 8ft. MM2...from MM1.. I'm baffled at the priceing on accessories and parts..Rubber Deflector $250.?Sno Foil 300 ++, FishStik $280+, I sold my old one on EBAY and it sold for $217.00 amazing..I had no idea ..good for me I guess..
    I'd like to get a Rubber Deflector..I like the Fisher quality...but man or man. I've bought these items in the past but no were near these prices.. I guess this will be an ongoing reality.

    I should have broken down the old plow and sold it for parts..I could have gotten alot more money I bet..
  2. mcwlandscaping

    mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member
    Messages: 2,557

    It's a rubber flap....make one yourself with some flat steel on top for A LOT less!! JMO
  3. capt caper

    capt caper Senior Member
    Messages: 101

    I hear ya....
  4. SuperDuty

    SuperDuty Senior Member
    Messages: 147

    As far as the rubber belt is concerned, if any of you know someone that has access to conveyor belt, this is the best way to go! I happen to work at a power plant in mass and that's where I got mine from!!!
  5. big bird

    big bird Senior Member
    Messages: 119

    this is a good idea i was going to buy one real soon thanks more money for beerpayup
  6. mgf250

    mgf250 Member
    Messages: 38

    Alternative vendors for plow parts

    Low cost alternatives:

    Threaded rod for side markers

    Northern Hydraulics:
    Headlight asssemblies

    DigiKey or Mouser electronics:

    Metal Yard:
    Hardened steel for trip edge. Most have a hydraulic punch machine so just measure where the holes are on the trip edge.