Snow Plowing Forum banner

Type mount

• Ultramount

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
15,308 Posts
Half conventional, quarter unimount, quarter homemade.
Did you just buy this cause it was a good deal?

Reactions: cwren2472

· Registered
18,088 Posts
Looking at the photos again, I may have been wrong about the conventional. It is tough to see with the tower and a-frame separated and positioned like that. @Philbilly2 may be able to weigh in and tell better.
I think this is the best response...
Half conventional, quarter unimount, quarter homemade.
The headgear is a conventional. The quick couplers give that away, along with the massive amount of steel.

I think he is correct that this started out as a unimount blade that they cut the headgear off of the plow to make the unimount into a conventional.

· Premium Member
17,303 Posts
I think this is the best response...

The headgear is a conventional. The quick couplers give that away, along with the massive amount of steel.

I think he is correct that this started out as a unimount blade that they cut the headgear off of the plow to make the unimount into a conventional.
I missed @dieselss's post - that makes sense now

· Registered
15,308 Posts

· Registered
15,308 Posts
Do you Think if I track down a truckside 1225 ford mount it will work? the parts in the pictures function together
No. Your pump is STILL going to be bolted to the headgear cause it's a cable setup.

· Registered
6,904 Posts
That is all conventional including the aframe. The aframe has other holes above where the lug pins go but someone has cut them off.

· Registered
6,904 Posts
Plow can be converted to unimount style with new aframe and complete upright with pump and lights.

· Registered
784 Posts
http://library.westernplows.com/westernplows/pdffiles/13275_020395.pdf

yea I think it was a conventional pro blade and aframe. not sure why the back of the a-frame had to be modified. you can tell the lugs for the hitch pins has been all cobbled. If it was a unimount then the spacing on those would have been wrong and they would have had to move those, so possibly it was unimount. If it was, you wouldn't have to cut the lift frame off, you'd just have to unpin it. But a unimount would also have the area in the middle of the a-frame where the stand would have gone, and there's no sign of that on this one.... And yes, the mount was some kind of conventional mount that was also highly modified to fit some different truck than what it was designed for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.