Snow Plowing Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
I live on a long private lane in Maryland where we get nothing like what you will get. Occasional 36" snows, generally 6-10", total of 40" a year. Used to use a Ford 25hp compact diesel 1715 with rear blade, and 60" woods blower as back up for bigger snows. On unpaved roads rocks cause shear bolt to break, and nothing like changing them in cold weather with wind, wet, and dark. Freezing cold without cab. Our lane is longer at about 3000' Generally in easy snow with tractor, takes 2+ hours to get clear, 3x that with blower as drives backward at 0.5mph to get PTO speed right. 4 years ago I bought a used Fisher HD 8' for our 1500 Chevy. Night and day difference. Warm, a radio, and power to push. Just bought a used 3/4 ton, working on moving stuff over. Won't touch anything like pictured. My two cents from doing this for 30 years. Get something real, and a place to be warm. Or pay someone. Comes with wanting to live there

· Registered
58,816 Posts
Here's a hunk of iron that is used on PEI...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Road surface

· Registered
1985 Dodge W350 with Meyer E47
5 Posts
I bought a 1985 Dodge W350 360 with a Meyer plow a few years ago for similar reasons. 1000 ft gravel driveway, 80-110" snow annually. Required some work on the truck (heater blower motor, wiper motor ground, power window motor, alternator, washer fluid reservoir, belts, plow lights and ground wires, etc, etc), but the plow had recently been rebuilt. Price was less than $4k when purchased, but with repairs slightly over that mark. Has been able to keep up with the snow for the last two seasons. I typically get out there when snow is 6-8" and plow as the snow progresses, instead of waiting until the storm is over and snowfall totals are much greater.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Snow Vehicle

· Registered
58,816 Posts

· Super Moderator
43,030 Posts

· Registered
58,816 Posts
Some more fotos from PEI...might want to make the OP rethink his options.

Snow Travel Freezing Mountain Slope

· Registered
58,816 Posts
Anudder Juan from 2015 PEI...

Snow Water Sky Boat Vehicle

21 - 40 of 40 Posts