Snow Plowing Forum banner

I need help !!!

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  B&B 
#1 ·
Ok so I'm just starting up my own landscaping company . My old plow truck finally kicked the bucket so i baught a diamond plow off a friend but my problem is he took it off the same truck as mine so long ago that he doesnt remember what color wires on the plow harness goes to the truck harness cause the two harness' s are different colors . My truck is a 88 chevy 1500 if anyone knows what colors go to what i would greatly appreciate it !!!

#2 ·
Need more details... like what style plow lights are on this set up?

Truck-Lite style lights? ( 5 or 6 pin terminals at the plow light plugs?)

How many terminals are on the back of the switch that switches the truck and plow lights?

Night Saber style lights?

Is the head light hard wired into the truck or do they have adapter plugs that connect directly to the trucks head light plugs and head lights?

What type of controller does it have?
Twin toggles?
Single joy stick?
Hand held touch pad?

You can see by the questions that they're are many different types of setup's and until we determine what you have, it's kind of hard to help...

#4 ·
there are 6 wires on the back of the switch for the plow lights . its a single joy stick . the lights are hard wired into the trucks wiring harness . and i tried the website and emailed them and they told me to go to the service manuals on the website but that didnt do anything for me . i know that i have one white wire that is live at all times and another white wire that i dont know about if one of them is live at all times . thats all in the plow harness. i just cant see paying the local plow / hitch place 100 bucks to clamp in the wires to the truck when it will take prob all of 15mins to do . Thanks for all the help this site is great to have on your side when you need help or anything !!!

#5 ·
I can email you the diagrams you need for the old style hardwired plow lights that you have..and the diagram for the joystick too... but I need your email address..

Your a new member so you won't be able to send it via a pm, you can post it here if you want though and I'll be happy to send you the diagrams and explain what wires you need to tap into on your truck... lemme know.

#8 ·
B&B Check this but:

White is ground for Headlight
Black is Ground for markers
Yellow, is power for markers
Brown & Green are high/low headlights

Is this Right??

Trying to do this off the top of my head.. But if you pull the lense off your know for sure :)

#9 ·
Clapper&Company;463551 said:
B&B Check this but:

White is ground for Headlight
Black is Ground for markers
Yellow, is power for markers
Brown & Green are high/low headlights

Is this Right??

Trying to do this off the top of my head.. But if you pull the lense off your know for sure
Depends on which style lights your workin with... some are that way... others are...

Green/red is your hi and low
Black is your marker and hi/lo ground and no brown at all...

Some use a blue wire also...

That's why it's important to figure out what plow light style your workin with first....:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.