• PlowSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again PlowSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of PlowSite will experience a major upgrade next week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue.

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit PlowSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow PlowSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, PlowSite Team

I hate to ask this but.......................

guntruck

Can someone please tell me what a 2 stage spreader is? Im new to plowing just got a plow but need a spreader and am looking at differences. Thanks

A two stage spreader has one stage to feed the material from the hopper,either a chain or auger,and the second stage actually distributes the product,usually with a spinner.This is better than a single stage,which usually relies on gravity to let the material flow to the spinner.A single stage is usually only good for dry,bagged material,where a two stage will spread just about anything,wet or dry.If your lots are small,and you can only use bagged product,save the cash and buy a single stage.If you need more capacity,and can either store,or have access to bulk material,then consider a two stage.