I guess he got his moneys worth!

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
My brother in law rode these edges for 7 years! He subs for me and I guess I don't pay enough! Edges came in night before storm, put them on while waiting for snow to end.He also finally used the boss wings I bought him 4 years ago! He couldn't believe the difference I productivity.
boss edge.jpg

OP
leigh

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
I seem to spend weeks getting ready for season,he just pulls his plow out,hooks up and is good to go.:plowred:

OP
leigh

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
He's had wings for four years and just now tried them? Holy crap do wings make a huge difference in pushing capacity before getting any runoff.
He put them on and we adjusted them,he said they were chattering to much!I didn't push issue.He said to the effect," are you going to pay me more?'lol.Brother in law for you! Plus I bought them,so it wasn't like he really cared as much.He knew he was getting outplowed by the xls's and 810's,now he can try to keep up. I was surprised he pulled them out from under his deck and brought to shop.

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
He put them on and we adjusted them,he said they were chattering to much!I didn't push issue.He said to the effect," are you going to pay me more?'lol.Brother in law for you! Plus I bought them,so it wasn't like he really cared as much.He knew he was getting outplowed by the xls's and 810's,now he can try to keep up. I was surprised he pulled them out from under his deck and brought to shop.
I have a couple BIL's like that, I finally gave up on them and moved on...

OP
leigh

leigh

PlowSite Veteran
I have a couple BIL's like that, I finally gave up on them and moved on...
This ones a "keeper" He gets motion sickness plowing but keeps on going.We work together occasionally on bigger construction jobs so we have a good working relationship.When I built my house I paid him 5$ an hour!,for a tech school student he thought that was great!

BUFF

PlowSite Fanatic
This ones a "keeper" He gets motion sickness plowing but keeps on going.We work together occasionally on bigger construction jobs so we have a good working relationship.When I built my house I paid him 5$ an hour!,for a tech school student he thought that was great!
Speaking of motion sickness..... Aboot 20yrs ago I was in Ct for a couple days and all the boys went oot on my oldest bro's 48' Ocean Sport-fishing boat that he kept in New Haven. We get passed the break water and waves are 12-15' footers, I'm at the helm on the bridge and one of my moron BIL's is next to me looking for Lobster pots using binocular's. I asked WTF are you doing, he told me and within aboot 5min....... he was chumming :puke:

Richh56

Sounds like me. I plow commercial and my Cutting edge went 7 yrs. On my Meyers Lot Pro... it needed changed at 5 but I pushed it to the brink. Almost was plowing with the frame... last two winters have been very light on snow and the money was just to tight...

This season though I poured cash into it just before the season started.

New cutting edge. New lights. Added wings (omg they are great) bought some used pumps and had them rebuilt for back ups... We run two trucks...both meyers lot pros.

Richh56

LoL

I plow commercial. Banks, shopping plazas, factorys, gas stations. Fast food places...
I never have more then 4 driveways a season.

The current plow I run was Brand new in 2010. I just replaced the cutter bar last month. :)

Richh56

Your in Wooster Ohio... you know are last two seasons have been a joke...

At least here in Elyria ohio. 30 miles from you... I could have duct tapped a shovel to the front of a Honda 600 and plowed my route. LoL. Light fluffy 2 inch stuff

John_DeereGreen

PlowSite Fanatic
Your in Wooster Ohio... you know are last two seasons have been a joke...

At least here in Elyria ohio. 30 miles from you... I could have duct tapped a shovel to the front of a Honda 600 and plowed my route. LoL. Light fluffy 2 inch stuff
Didn't know where you were. 2 years ago was almost nothing but salt runs. Last year we did get to plow a little. We can get about 2 average-good seasons out of an edge.

Speaking of motion sickness..... Aboot 20yrs ago I was in Ct for a couple days and all the boys went oot on my oldest bro's 48' Ocean Sport-fishing boat that he kept in New Haven. We get passed the break water and waves are 12-15' footers, I'm at the helm on the bridge and one of my moron BIL's is next to me looking for Lobster pots using binocular's. I asked WTF are you doing, he told me and within aboot 5min....... he was chumming :puke:
I went on a overnight fishing trip out of Tarpon Springs with my Greek buddy, Got on board at 6 PM it was a 12 Hr trip to the middle grounds, Party most of the night and they had a kitchen open all night with beer booze etc. Start fishing at 6 AM the next morning and fish till 6 PM that night and the boat head in.

Big boat about 30 guys they had bunks down below and airplane seats up. You would not believe the guys that were sick and never even fished lol. I been out on the ocean plenty of times got to a point where I would feel sick even sweat a little lucky for me it would pass shortly.

TJS

2000 Club Member
I will tell you this. I bought a cutting edge way over 20 years ago for my Diamond at some po-dunk plow place. Back then I had tons of accounts and small strip malls. Ha, I just changed it 2 seasons ago and this one I got at a place in New Haven. I have to tell you it is wearing more so than the one I replaced. After this season I am just going to use some hardfacing rod and build it up. Older stuff is better.

ALC-GregH

PlowSite.com Addict
Didn't know where you were. 2 years ago was almost nothing but salt runs. Last year we did get to plow a little. We can get about 2 average-good seasons out of an edge.
Do you actually lift the blade up off the ground or just drag it around everywhere? That's ridiculous to only get two seasons from a edge. I do 18 driveways and a private paved road that's wide enough for two vehicles and I'm on my 5th season. The blade was new when I got the plow. OEM Meyer blade and it's just showing wear on the edges. I guess the condition of the road can play a part in the wear.

John_DeereGreen

PlowSite Fanatic
Do you actually lift the blade up off the ground or just drag it around everywhere? That's ridiculous to only get two seasons from a edge. I do 18 driveways and a private paved road that's wide enough for two vehicles and I'm on my 5th season. The blade was new when I got the plow. OEM Meyer blade and it's just showing wear on the edges. I guess the condition of the road can play a part in the wear.
It's an entirely different world plowing 18 driveways vs acres and acres of commercial parking lots.

Top Forums