Snow Plowing Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts
Burkartsplow;1595505 said:
I did the same thing for an old lady last storm. She asked how much and I said nothing. She went inside and brought out a freshly baked banana nut bread. Kept me going the next 24 hrs.
hell, I would have told her to give you her number, and then call her during every storm and let you know when you will be by to plow her driveway in exchange for another banana bread!

I am guilty of putting the snow from my own house out in the street, BUT its a private way, so the town has nothing to say, and I always clean up the end of my neighbors driveways in the cul de sac where I stack it. I also keep the street wider and cleaner than any of the others in the area.

I'm also guilty of helping the elderly, I suppose I should keep an eye out for the pretty girls too!

birddseedd;1598715 said:
My ass first Stree My ass first Street goes I only put it in the street at I only put it in the street at the end of the driveway when after after that
birddseedd;1598717 said:
Especially if it's wet I see Especially if it's wet icy snow. it's less it's less slippery and that stop sign is always a patch of ice. It's been much safer since I started doing it
Not sure what you said there but shouldn't you be out working?

This was the scene on Howard near W. Michigan Avenue just a few minutes ago

Grassman09;1598563 said:
I did one of my regular clients on the street across from me. Some of the snow spilled out into the road and I also noticed the city hasn't cleared the street too well. So figured I'd widen to street. I thought I was doing the 2 neighbours that live at the end a favor. I'm doing my drive and one of the neighbours comes over to me and is *****ing I put all of my clients snow up on his property. I explained what I did but he was still pissed. I know better for next time and will leave the road as is.

I had a milf come out and asked if I'd plow her for $40. I graciously accepted. When I rang the bell to get my cash her and some other milf came to the door all scantly clad. :crying:
AND??? we're waiting!!

REAPER;1598776 said:
Not sure what you said there but shouldn't you be out working?

This was the scene on Howard near W. Michigan Avenue just a few minutes ago
I was working. i was using speach to text on my pda phone...... is why that statement came out not making any sense.

for one.... i do not cuss so easily. please understand that was my dang phone. shouldnt use speech to text when i have a cold,,,, or am working,,, or driving....

what i was trying to say was this

as far as my street goes. i do plow it. i can keep it cleaner than the city trucks and like to have it nice and clean from my house to the road. esspicialy at the stop sign which untill i started on it, was always very very icy.

and when i do put snow in the road, its at the end of a driveway, just before i pile it into the yard.

forgive me for the rude and illegible typos.

I will usually plow up the wet heavy county plow crap at the end of drives for any one it takes 1 maybe 2 passes. Plowed the driveway of a lady who looked like she was ready to cry. Her snowblower wouldn't run so I did her drive way. Come to find out she does house cleaning for a living!! Big bonus when your a bachelor!! So I now plow her driveway and do the walks in trade for a monthly cleaning of my houseThumbs Up

It may be illegal but I plow intersections all the time during a storm. It's a lot easier for me with a V plow in scoop to clean it up than a 10 wheeler with a dustpan and wing plow trying to get turned around. I don't do it during the day with lots of traffic around but at night or with little traffic, I do it regularly. I also will plow road I live on, and will sand it at times too.

Buswell Forest;1595363 said:
I saw an older man using a plastic snow scoop to clear the heavy wet bank left by the highway plows...so I pulled in, and back-dragged it out and pushed it away. Took me all of 1 whole minute, and you would have thought I gave him a $100 bill.
I did same thing last storm
Went by with the loader and this guy digging his walk out corner lot. Where the city bank snow up about 5ft tall I loaded one lot and driving back by and he was still digging on it So I pulled up and 1 scoop it was cleaned
Few days later I got gift card to Hardee's from that guy and thank you card Note said he been digging on it for 1 hr

Discussion starter · #49 ·
MSS Mow;1617632 said:
It may be illegal but I plow intersections all the time during a storm. It's a lot easier for me with a V plow in scoop to clean it up than a 10 wheeler with a dustpan and wing plow trying to get turned around. I don't do it during the day with lots of traffic around but at night or with little traffic, I do it regularly. I also will plow road I live on, and will sand it at times too.
I clear the entrance to my local convenience store too. Always hated trying to get moving- uphill- and out into the highway for years with a 2x car or truck..so I always clear it.
I also knock down the banks on the snowmobile crossings...and even add snow to them when the melting is bad..I'm a sledder..

I cleared around 60 drives for free and many more ends. I was having fun lol and handed out cards. Pretty sure it's landed me another 4 customers for sure. Hoping for more but we'll see.

Last week we had about 8" of heavy wet snow. I did this for a few people, because the snow where the city went by was over 4' and there were a few old people trying to shovel it. So I took my skid loader and cleaned it all up for them and did one whole driveway that was about 30' x 40' that they normally shovel by hand. Everyone seen me start to help and went right in the house not saying a word. It really made me wonder why do I even waste my time and money. All I wanted was a thank you!!!

I got lots of thanks. I had one lady that pissed me off though. two car wide drive, 4 cars long, hadn't been plowed or shoveled all year. I thought i'd be nice, so i plowed it out, got most of the crap off, got it down to pavement for most of it. Whats she do? walks right past me and doesn't even say thanks. Some people. But out of the MANY MANY drives i cleared, only she didn't thank me so it's all ok.

I did plenty of free plowing. Neighbors, friends, church. Only one involved a wrecker......

I must admit.... As mush as Im all about (TIME IS MONEY) I have tendencies of coin the same for an older couple down the street. They have never once asked for me to clean ther drive, yet I always hit it on my way home every event, I have even seen them shoveling once, and pulled right in and dropped my blade and told them 2 stop cause I got it taken care of! and it NEVER fails, There is always a $50 check in the mailbox the very next day!! I even didnt cash 1 for almost a week 1 time, and they actually walked 2 my house and gave me another, (this time is was $70, cause they said they felt bad they thought I never received it?) I told them NO I got it, I just havent made my plow deposits for the week yet.. They actually forced me to keep the $70 check and there reasoning was (for the time I helped them with there low tire pressure light on there S550) ALL I DID WAS PUT AIR IN THE TIRES FOR THEM!???
Does it make me a bad guy, 4 the fact I actually go out of my way 2 make as large of piles as I can at the end of 3 houses in my area... Reason is jus cause I dont like those 3 people!!!! And theres nothing like waking up to a 3' tall snow bank at the end of ur drive, at 530am, that ur G37x sedan CANT get thru!! :crying:
I gues thats wat happens when U call the fuzz on Ur neighbor for having TO MANY CARS?? :laughing:

i woudl like to do the drive for hte old guy in the neighborhood. but seems he gets to it too fast. and frankly i like him getting the exersize so hell stick around.

if we were to get a big storm i would probably get him before my route. 6 inches is harder to clear than 2

birddseedd;1623501 said:
i woudl like to do the drive for hte old guy in the neighborhood. but seems he gets to it too fast. and frankly i like him getting the exersize so hell stick around.

if we were to get a big storm i would probably get him before my route. 6 inches is harder to clear than 2
Where did you come from? Holy crap you haven't been on for awhile. Welcome back.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.