I bought a new '03 HEMI

ceaman

I just picked up a new truck today. Its a '03, 4 door, Ram 2500, 4x4, 345hp 5.7L Hemi, Long bed. I traded in the '01 Quad cab for it and got a great deal.

Now I need a Boss mount for the truck (I was told today that they should be available by months end.)

speedracer241

Good truck:D . We just got in a regular cab, but I haven't had a chance to take it out yet. They sure look tuff.
Congrats on the new Dodge,
Mark K

ps got any pics for us??

nsmilligan

PlowSite.com Veteran
I;d be interested in how it pushes a boss. It's got lots of HP, but a little lite in the torque department. I run a V10 less HP but about the same torque as the reg diesel, and it's a great plow truck, if you keep your eye on the trans temp. Does the hemi use the 47RE tranny?

Bill

OP
ceaman

ceaman

No pictures yet... we will get them soon!

I spent the afternoon putting on tube steps, tinting the windows, and installing the hide away strobes. I ordered the company stickers and front and rear rubber catch all floor mats.

In the near future I am looking to have a spray in liner, and hand painted pinstriping added.

I am eager to see the fuel mileage on this truck. It runs great 2x the light-em up power as my 01 I traded in! Passing gear is impressive!

The tranny is the 545 transmissin out of the Jeep Grand Cherokee. It is a 5 speed auto which is supposed to help the HEMI's allready improved fuel economy.

This truck is higher in HP and tourque than the 360 gas I had previously (pushed the 9.2 Boss fine then). I immagine it should handle the blade great!

I will keep all of you informed.