Hydro spinner motors

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Green mentorship, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Green mentorship

Green mentorship Member

Can we pay extra to have hydro spinner motors that don't leak like a sieve in 12 months? We have 3 8 yard v boxes and they all do the same thing, leak like crazy. Has anyone replaced them with a quality part and if so, please share your source.

2. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

I can do better. We put a new one on our Monroe at the beginning of the season. Guy was backing it up to unload yesterday and snapped the shaft. $220 down the drain.

Anyways, never tracked them, but we get more than 12 months out of ours, I do know that. Not sure if a Monroe spinner motor would work.

3. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 PlowSite Fanatic

Mine was leaving a puddle here constantly so dug into it... Actually seemed like the threads on the fitting were almost worn... They do seem to loosen up consistently...

I do notice my electric spreaders don't leak as much...:rolleyes:

Green mentorship likes this.
  4. Mark Oomkes

They don't???

Most likely because they don't work hard enough to develop a leak.

5. rippinryno

rippinryno Senior Member

what's an electric replacement cost vs a hydro ?

6. OP
    OP
    Green mentorship

Green mentorship Member

Are you saying I should convert my hydros to electric? What a brilliant idea. But seriously, What did you end up doing to resolve your thread issue?

7. Mark Oomkes

Just found out Am-Dyn-Ic or however you spell it carries the same spinner motors cheaper than our Monroe dealer.

8. Ajlawn1

Ajlawn1 PlowSite Fanatic

Just new fittings with some good dope on the threads instead of tape that screw into the motor housing... I assume that's where yours are leaking?

Don't laugh on the electric, here's a very nice setup on a PS members IH with a nice operation that went that way... I was impressed with it when I seen it up close... And yes SaltDoggs can be converted...

34160.jpeg

Green mentorship likes this.
  9. Mark Oomkes

Must be Ryan's...no fenders.

10. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Thats for driving thru the competitions neighbouring site and picking up salt for 3 days...

11. OP
    OP
    Green mentorship

Green mentorship Member

I'm really not sure where they've been leaking. Since they've been under warranty we've sent them back to the dealers for new spinner motors. I'll have our mechanic look into it as you say.

I'm genuinely surprised that electric works for such big spreaders like this