Snow Plowing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 8ft blade on a MM1.
Recently i bumped into a bern with the blade head on.
I say bumped as i was going slow on the driveway and was going to push the snow onto an open section but there was as slight bern . So it was a gentle bump... In any case, after that I find that the hydraulics go in and out . I can start up and all is good for a half hour then i have problems lifting the blade. Sometimes full lift then sometimes only partial. The the blade will no longer angle left to right. I ended up limping home scraping the public highway for free. Then the next morning all is well. When this problem occurs the lights work ok so i know the electrical is connected... a bit frustrating. Any thoughts ?

· Registered
15,921 Posts
Sounds like the grill connections are coming loose

· Registered
6,266 Posts
I have an 8ft blade on a MM1.
Recently i bumped into a bern with the blade head on.
I say bumped as i was going slow on the driveway and was going to push the snow onto an open section but there was as slight bern . So it was a gentle bump... In any case, after that I find that the hydraulics go in and out . I can start up and all is good for a half hour then i have problems lifting the blade. Sometimes full lift then sometimes only partial. The the blade will no longer angle left to right. I ended up limping home scraping the public highway for free. Then the next morning all is well. When this problem occurs the lights work ok so i know the electrical is connected... a bit frustrating. Any thoughts ?
Sounds like a bad/loose connection, not a hydrulic issue...although if you haven't flushed and cleaned it properly over the years, it could be a bad pressure issue due to a clogged filter. Most likely the issue is at the motor or connector at the grill. Old plow... could be a matter of cleaning the terminals on the pumps motor.

Does the motor always spool up, whether working or not? Any high pitched sounds, or is it more slowing and labored sounding?

EDIT: I looked over your synopsis again, I didn't catch that the left and right wasn't working anymore. As mentioned above, most definitely a connectivity issue. check the grill connectors, harnesses directly going into them, chafing on the harnesses, the valve coil leads...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.